• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2024 Angels Draft Tracker: Bonuses, Non-drafted Free Agent Signings, etc.

3 hours ago, jonickell25 said:

Big money donors at schools like A&M can make almost anything happen. You’re seeing Oregon starting to get whoever they want for football due to Phil Knight.

Football is an enturely different animal in college athletics.  Football makes billions.

I do not know what college baseball draws in terms of dollars or if there is big money boosters in baseball like there is in basketball and football.

I just find it hard to believe they will pay a baseball player the same level of NIL as they do in basketball and football.

10 hours ago, stormngt said:

Football is an enturely different animal in college athletics.  Football makes billions.

I do not know what college baseball draws in terms of dollars or if there is big money boosters in baseball like there is in basketball and football.

I just find it hard to believe they will pay a baseball player the same level of NIL as they do in basketball and football.

It is….but if a school really wants to keep someone and they have deep pocket donors….they will. That softball pitcher for Stanford Canady is about to get PAID.

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Here's an interview about TGA signing.

https://www.kktv.com/2024/07/22/coronados-trey-gregory-alford-is-ready-be-pro/

Says they offered him 1.5, and then they upped it twice and he agreed. 

If he gets $2M say, maybe $1.9M is that enough to get both Ryan's signed? 

1.5 mil is a bonus on par with a high 2nd or early third round pick. Seeing as that’s the high end of where TGA could’ve expected to go, that’s rightfully what he should’ve got. If he gets 2 million, that’s the very high end of what any team would reasonably offer and he should accept it immediately because I’m not convinced for even a second that he’s a guarantee to be with more than that in three years. He could be possibly but between the risks of injury, ineffectiveness or world events, that’s a huge risk for a young pitcher.

26 minutes ago, Second Base said:

1.5 mil is a bonus on par with a high 2nd or early third round pick. Seeing as that’s the high end of where TGA could’ve expected to go, that’s rightfully what he should’ve got. If he gets 2 million, that’s the very high end of what any team would reasonably offer and he should accept it immediately because I’m not convinced for even a second that he’s a guarantee to be with more than that in three years. He could be possibly but between the risks of injury, ineffectiveness or world events, that’s a huge risk for a young pitcher.

1.7 M? If he's coming for a visit, they must've agreed. 

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I would pretty much just say 2 million. 

That's a lot. But obviously they must like this kid. 

That would make sense.

Upped it to $1.75M, then $2M.

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

At least sign ONE of the Ryan’s.

Honestly, it would be pretty stupid for either/both of them to go back to school for their senior year.  Neither one is going to catapult to top half of the first round or anything, so just take the money now and start working.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Honestly, it would be pretty stupid for either/both of them to go back to school for their senior year.  Neither one is going to catapult to top half of the first round or anything, so just take the money now and start working.

Makes you wonder why they are taking their time to sign them.

Maybe focusing on TGA first, and then focusing on them?

2 hours ago, Stax said:

If Ryan Prager and  Ryan Johnson do not sign perhaps the Angels could allocate that money to sign Connor Gatwood.

Probably not.

If you don’t sign the player, you lose that slot value.

So the only money the Angels would save is whatever amount overslot Prager/Johnson are— which isn’t gonna be a ton, likely less than $1M.

The Angels would not have rated Johnson or Prager when they did unless there was already a discussion about price. Teams top pick don’t draft players in the second or third round that they can’t sign. 

The sense I’m getting is that TGA will get 2 million, Johnson and Prager will reach get around 1.2 million, and the five remaining unsigned post 12th round picks will reach sign for 150k, which will put the Angels right at their budget. 

Seeing as Johnson’s slot is basically 1 million and Prager is 800k, each getting 1.2 million offers both an above slot bonus, whether you think they’re worth it or not, and TGA’s bonus is outright too much no matter how you shake it up. However, given that 2 million is chump changes for this franchise, it’s more than justifiable.

14 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The Angels would not have rated Johnson or Prager when they did unless there was already a discussion about price. Teams top pick don’t draft players in the second or third round that they can’t sign. 

The sense I’m getting is that TGA will get 2 million, Johnson and Prager will reach get around 1.2 million, and the five remaining unsigned post 12th round picks will reach sign for 150k, which will put the Angels right at their budget. 

Seeing as Johnson’s slot is basically 1 million and Prager is 800k, each getting 1.2 million offers both an above slot bonus, whether you think they’re worth it or not, and TGA’s bonus is outright too much no matter how you shake it up. However, given that 2 million is chump changes for this franchise, it’s more than justifiable.

They still have a little over $4.8M to spend without being harshly penalized.  So in theory, if they don't give any of the other unsigned 12-20 picks more than the $150K allotment, they could go even a little higher than you suggest for TGA, Johnson, and Prager.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

They still have a little over $4.8M to spend without being harshly penalized.  So in theory, if they don't give any of the other unsigned 12-20 picks more than the $150K allotment, they could go even a little higher than you suggest for TGA, Johnson, and Prager.

Sure could, if they had to. I just don’t see that being a necessity, particularly with the large number of $1000 signings they made this year.

Just now, Second Base said:

Sure could, if they had to. I just don’t see that being a necessity, particularly with the large number of $1000 signings they made this year.

I agree that it shouldn't be necessary, especially for Johnson and Prager.  I'm just saying they definitely have room to be flexible if they really do want to sign all three of them.

21 hours ago, jonickell25 said:

It is….but if a school really wants to keep someone and they have deep pocket donors….they will. That softball pitcher for Stanford Canady is about to get PAID.

My question is why would a a school want to keep a player "around" who does not help bring in the big dollars or plays in a sport where one player can not carry you.  Like baseball.