• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2024 Angels Draft Tracker: Bonuses, Non-drafted Free Agent Signings, etc.

Not sure how relevant this is, but it’s anticipated that the Angels are expected to get Christian Moore at a significant discount. I’m not sure how that allocates elsewhere as the Angels really didn’t draft anyone outside of TGA that will require above slot. 

My guess is, the Angels simply won’t be spending as much money as other teams this draft. You never know though. Schanuel was expected to be below slot and he got slot money. The Angels drafted Moore 8th and he was expected to go in the 15-20 range. 

12 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Not sure how relevant this is, but it’s anticipated that the Angels are expected to get Christian Moore at a significant discount. I’m not sure how that allocates elsewhere as the Angels really didn’t draft anyone outside of TGA that will require above slot. 

My guess is, the Angels simply won’t be spending as much money as other teams this draft. You never know though. Schanuel was expected to be below slot and he got slot money. The Angels drafted Moore 8th and he was expected to go in the 15-20 range. 

Or TGA gonna cost a lot more than planned.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Or TGA gonna cost a lot more than planned.

Maybe. Dana required 2nd round bonus money, mostly because he was expected to go there and get borderline first round money because of his strong college commitment. Signability and a perfect storm of cash strapped teams from a VERY deep first round crop left him on the outside looking in and the Angels capitalized not only by offering him the bonus he otherwise likely would’ve gotten (or near it) but signing his older brother as well. It was a good gesture that went far with that family.

TGA was expected to go in the 3rd round, maybe second at the highest, so I’d expect him to settle for something like a 4th round bonus. He’s not quite at Dana’s level from last year’s draft, though that shouldn’t be taken negatively. The Caden Danas of the world rarely see the 11th round. 

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Jordan and TGA should be overslot.

They drafted a couple high school outfielders + some draft eligible sophomores, so I imagine that’s where all the money goes.

A few signings according to Carlos Collazo…

• Cortez (2nd): $1,597,500 (slot $2,072,800)
  • Jordan (5th): $1,247,500 (slot $480,800)
  • Olejnik (6th): $197,500 (slot $366,100)
  • Holmes (7th): $215,00 (slot $286,200)
  • Flores (8th): $1,000 (slot $227,700)
  • Clark (9th): $1,000 (slot $197,500)
  • Nicholson (10th): $1,000 (slot $184,700)
  • Caraballo (15th): $150,000
  • Ramirez (17th): $150,000 

About $750k in savings so far I think.

Edited by totdprods

16 minutes ago, totdprods said:

A few signings according to Carlos Collazo…

• Cortez (2nd): $1,597,500 (slot $2,072,800)
  • Jordan (5th): $1,247,500 (slot $480,800)
  • Olejnik (6th): $197,500 (slot $366,100)
  • Holmes (7th): $215,00 (slot $286,200)
  • Flores (8th): $1,000 (slot $227,700)
  • Clark (9th): $1,000 (slot $197,500)
  • Nicholson (10th): $1,000 (slot $184,700)
  • Caraballo (15th): $150,000
  • Ramirez (17th): $150,000 

About $750k in savings so far I think.

Thanks! I'll update when I'm back in front of my laptop in a few hours. 

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

Did you mean Mershon, the Miss State SS?   He could return to Miss State, as he just finished his soph season.

I've seen other people saying that.  If he does want overslot, let him go back.  He profiles as a utility IF at best. 

11 minutes ago, BTH said:

Check your slot values for rounds 2, 2C, and 8.

2 and 2C are slightly off 8 is off by $50,000.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-draft-2024-bonus-pick-values

Thanks.  I'm still getting different numbers than you (even accounting for you including the 5% overage and me not).  I'll look deeper tomorrow.  Don't have time tonight.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Thanks.  I'm still getting different numbers than you (even accounting for you including the 5% overage and me not).  I'll look deeper tomorrow.  Don't have time tonight.

Also check:

your slot value for pick 8 (off by $2,800)

your savings on round 5 are off by $10,000

then I think it should be right.

10 minutes ago, BTH said:

Also check:

your slot value for pick 8 (off by $2,800)

your savings on round 5 are off by $10,000

then I think it should be right.

I think some of your numbers are still a bit off.  Ha ha.  I updated the first post.  Ignore the Google Sheet link for now.