• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trump removed from Pennsylvania rally after being shot in the ear

Just now, wopphil said:

Possibly. But he also botched Covid for perceived political gain, leading to many thousands of unnecessary deaths. 

And his rhetoric toward minorities has lead to a massive increase in hate crime. He is not a good leader. Anyone who leads by creating strife and division is not a good leader. 

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This is demonstrably false. His presidency was the most peaceful one since before bush jr

As a leftie, but one thoroughly divorced from the Democratic party, I actually agree - thought it is relative to the company, and calling Trump the "most peaceful US president" is like saying someone was "the nicest rapist."

I read a stat either earlier today or yesterday that Biden supplies weapons for more than half the world's autocrats. He's waging a proxy war with Russia, fighting them "to the last Ukrainian" (Lyndsay Graham's actual words). He's supplying weapons and basically helping Netanyahu commit genocide (a Lancet report estimates at least 186,000 are dead in Palestine since Oct 7). Obama loved regime change ("spreading democracy") and was drone-happy. We all know about Cheney's Bush Jr's presidency. Clinton was no pacifist, Bush Sr the Gulf War, Reagan all sorts of garbage...so you go back to Jimmy Carter, who despite having the reputation of being peaceful, actually enabled a ton of bloodshed (East Timor, anyone?).

Really, it is almost all American presidents, because of the nature of this country - as engaging in military operations, regime changes, and "spreading democracy" throughout the world. I mean, there's only one country with almost 200 military bases throughout the world (I think China has one outside of China).

In other words, Trump's no saint, but he's more saintly than most of the US presidents - in terms of actual body count.

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

As a leftie, but one thoroughly divorced from the Democratic party, I actually agree - thought it is relative to the company, and calling Trump the "most peaceful US president" is like saying someone was "the nicest rapist."

I read a stat either earlier today or yesterday that Biden supplies weapons for more than half the world's autocrats. He's waging a proxy war with Russia, fighting them "to the last Ukrainian" (Lyndsay Graham's actual words). He's supplying weapons and basically helping Netanyahu commit genocide (a Lancet report estimates at least 186,000 are dead in Palestine since Oct 7). Obama loved regime change ("spreading democracy") and was drone-happy. We all know about Cheney's Bush Jr's presidency. Clinton was no pacifist, Bush Sr the Gulf War, Reagan all sorts of garbage...so you go back to Jimmy Carter, who despite having the reputation of being peaceful, actually enabled a ton of bloodshed (East Timor, anyone?).

Really, it is almost all American presidents, because of the nature of this country - as engaging in military operations, regime changes, and "spreading democracy" throughout the world. I mean, there's only one country with almost 200 military bases throughout the world (I think China has one outside of China).

In other words, Trump's no saint, but he's more saintly than most of the US presidents - in terms of actual body count.

He only got four years to add to his death toll. We’ll see what he does with another four. 

12 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I know you're not joking. I would only suggest that different things work in different relationships, and for different people. There aren't just "men" and "women" but many different variations of both. Individuality, you know?

In other words, It is a lot more fluid and varied than you're putting it. I may even grant you some truth to underlying male-female dynamics, but don't see it as concretely as you - and certainly not referential to some ancient document written by desert nomads. And to be clear, I'm not saying the Bible doesn't have "spiritual truth" to it - I'm not an atheist, nor am I a religious fundamentalist. My spiritual/religious views are probably best left for another discussion. But my point is that what made sense 2-3,000 years ago in a very different context doesn't necessarily look the same today.

I have this strange idea that elements of "tradition" and "progress" can be integrated, that they need not be opposed to each other. The fundamentalists takes and extreme versions, sure - they don't work. But the underlying qualities aren't inherently incompatible. And this is often where I disagree with both "trad" and "woke" perspectives, both of which are too rigid, imo.

It really isn’t that complicated. What society is experimenting with today isn’t progress and harms kids for life.  Progressive would be allowing your wife to occasionally climb on top. Chopping off your wiener, having multiple wives , or poking a dude in the rear is fundamental opposites to traditional values. These lifestyles aren’t progressive or new. They’ve been around since the beginning of time and the cultures that embraced them were destroyed. America was founded in truth but now is reaping the consequences for embracing taboo cults from the past. 

6 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

It really isn’t that complicated. What society is experimenting with today isn’t progress and harms kids for life.  Progressive would be allowing your wife to occasionally climb on top. Chopping off your wiener, having multiple wives , or poking a dude in the rear is fundamental opposites to traditional values. These lifestyles aren’t progressive or new. They’ve been around since the beginning of time and the cultures that embraced them were destroyed. America was founded in truth but now is reaping the consequences for embracing taboo cults from the past. 

Dude, you had me laughing.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Wow, ok.  If I am being honest, I thought he misspelled common, then when I re read what he wrote and it said “conman”, I deleted my post.  So in brief, I wasn’t calling him a conman, I was an idiot that thought someone spelled common incorrectly.  

My bad. “Sorry for the up yours Strad”. 

12 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Let me play devil’s advocate here: Why don’t care if two dudes want to poke each other? How does that affect you? And doesn’t your belief in liberty compel you to conclude that the government shouldn’t be involved in decisions about who pokes who? 

No kids are getting their wieners chopped. It isn’t happening. The right wants you to believe it is, but it isn’t. Once someone is an adult, who cares what they do to themselves? 

Wife on top is great. 

28 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Trump really isn’t radical. He actually pisses me off with his soft moral positions. libs could and still can advance their agenda through him. 

If nothing else , his candidacy has exposed the deep state filth in both parties, government agencies, and out military leaders. They told us election fraud was beneath our government and its citizens yet we have a candidate shot in the face. I’m sure the shooter wouldn’t stuff ballot boxes and the government security wouldn’t turn a blind eye to election security threats. 

I guess I knew there were really shitty people out there.  I knew there were people with no character.  I also knew there were really stupid people out there.  I knew there were people with no self-awareness.  I knew there were people that were fully controlled by every narrative spoon fed to them.  I knew there were people that actually felt righteous regurgitating those talking points.  I knew there were people that would pretty much believe anything as long as it fit nicely in their agenda-based mental catalogue.  I knew there were people that are at their worst when something serious happens.  And I knew some people at their core are just scumbags.

I just read eight pages to discover all of that can actually exist in one person at the same time.

And yeah, there is a line someone can cross where they can’t couldn’t recover no matter what they say (and they won’t because they are scum anyway).

Wopphil is this person.  Fuck off wopphil.  Really fuck the fuck off.  You are literally the lowest.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I guess I knew there were really shitty people out there.  I knew there were people with no character.  I also knew there were really stupid people out there.  I knew there were people with no self-awareness.  I knew there were people that were fully controlled by every narrative spoon fed to them.  I knew there were people that actually felt righteous regurgitating those talking points.  I knew there were people that would pretty much believe anything as long as it fit nicely in their agenda-based mental catalogue.  I knew there were people that are at their worst when something serious happens.  And I knew some people at their core are just scumbags.

I just read eight pages to discover all of that can actually exist in one person at the same time.

And yeah, there is a line someone can cross where they can’t couldn’t recover no matter what they say (and they won’t because they are scum anyway).

Wopphil is this person.  Fuck off wopphil.  Really fuck the fuck off.  You are literally the lowest.

When I saw you posted something I said “this should be fun, smug, angry and retarded all in one”.  

Thank you for not disappointing.

• Blarg locked this topic
11 hours ago, mmc said:

I’m not sure I’ll be able to enjoy my newfound income if he manages to destroy our democracy

You've been listening to way too much mainstream media and the swamp things in DC. Trump didn't destroy democracy over his first four years in office and he's not going to in his next. 

I'm guessing you're a Jan 6th truther. 

If you read CNN earlier yesterday you would have believed that he fell and it wasn't an assassination attempt. 

IMG_5732.jpg

• Spirit unlocked this topic
10 minutes ago, Chuck said:

You've been listening to way too much mainstream media and the swamp things in DC. Trump didn't destroy democracy over his first four years in office and he's not going to in his next. 

If you read CNN earlier yesterday you would have believed that he fell and it wasn't an assassination attempt. 

IMG_5732.jpg

Chuck, I think you read that wrong. or he was being sarcastic  I doubt mmc was saying Trump ruined democracy. 

Bob Ayers, a former CIA officer and international security analyst, has told Al Jazeera from Taunton in the UK that the US Secret Service unit responsible for securing the area “didn’t do a very good job”.

“There should not have been any possibility for a person armed with a rifle to climb right up a building and shoot at the [former] president,” Ayers said.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/7/14/what-we-know-about-thomas-matthew-crooks-the-suspected-trump-rally-shooter

A CNN correspondent criticized former President Trump for yelling "fight!" to his supporters in the immediate aftermath of Saturday's stunning assassination attempt in Pennsylvania.

Trump could be seen bleeding from his ear as he was hustled off stage Saturday evening, shortly after a gunman opened fire at his rally. As Secret Service agents moved him away once the shooter had been killed, Trump raised his fist and yelled "fight!" repeatedly, to roars of appreciation from his supporters.

CNN special correspondent Jamie Gangel suggested the presumptive Republican nominee was sending the wrong message.

"I do want to say there was one thing that when I watched the tape, I found odd because of all of the heated rhetoric, and that is after he was hit, former President Trump got up and said, ‘fight, fight, fight,’" Gangel said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-host-scolds-trump-saying-fight-immediate-aftermath-assassination-attempt

CNN again twisting the truth

Trump was saying I'll fight on in my campaign, I'm not quitting

3 minutes ago, Redondo said:
Thomas Matthew Crooks, the gunman who tried to assassinate Donald Trump has been pictured.

Larry identified him long before that.

14 hours ago, Amazing Larry said:

But Antifa isn’t real. - libs

1 minute ago, St1ck said:

Larry identified him long before that.

I was unable to open that so I posted this for guys like me, Tank and AO can see

Not all of us have social media apps

But thanks for calling me out on it

1 minute ago, Redondo said:

I was unable to open that so I posted this for guys like me, Tank and AO can see

Not all of us have social media apps

But thanks for calling me out on it

He’s being sarcastic. Larry’s first post showed an Asian guy as the shooter.

26 minutes ago, Chuck said:

IMG_5732.jpg

Lmao