• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trump removed from Pennsylvania rally after being shot in the ear

2 minutes ago, cals said:

It’s actually that you ARE retarded.  And since you’re one break up from being a mass shooter you’re hardly the one to judge here.

Sorry that you live in constant fear of Trump destroying democracy, that sounds exhausting.  And also really gay for a dude with a wife and kids

12 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

I like a good attempt at humor but this isn't right.  The whole thing I hate.  Please don't turn on each other, something like this happens because we have turned on each other.  X won't help either right now. Sorry if i sound like a woman. Smoke a doob and go bowling.

I’ll drink a beer with you anytime. 

Just now, wopphil said:

I know nothing about you, but I guarantee you I am far more successful than you. 

I'm in my early 20s and I'm assuming you're at least 40 like most dudes here so I would certainly hope so, it would be pretty sad if you weren't

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

Sorry that you live in constant fear of Trump destroying democracy, that sounds exhausting.  And also really gay for a dude with a wife and kids

Im the smartest and wealthiest person here.  I think I know a bit more about life than a skinny, unibrow incel.  But ok.

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

I'm in my early 20s and I'm assuming you're at least 40 like most dudes here so I would certainly hope so, it would be pretty sad if you weren't

That explains a lot. I was a knucklehead in my 20s too, so I don’t blame you. 

1 minute ago, cals said:

Im the smartest and wealthiest person here.  I think I know a bit more about life than a skinny, unibrow incel.  But ok.

That may be true, but you're also the worst at controlling your emotions, so that unfortunately takes you down a couple notches

Just now, mmc said:

That may be true, but you're also the worst at controlling your emotions, so that unfortunately takes you down a couple notches

Perhaps.  But at least I have two eyebrows.

27 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I’m not joking. Our refusal to accept the God given roles of men and women is a problem. We try to emasculate men and empower women. It just creates confusion and conflict. My wife knows dinner is appreciated but expected. It’s also expected that I meet any sob at the door , kill a snake , or jump in front of a bus to protect her

I know you're not joking. I would only suggest that different things work in different relationships, and for different people. There aren't just "men" and "women" but many different variations of both. Individuality, you know?

In other words, It is a lot more fluid and varied than you're putting it. I may even grant you some truth to underlying male-female dynamics, but don't see it as concretely as you - and certainly not referential to some ancient document written by desert nomads. And to be clear, I'm not saying the Bible doesn't have "spiritual truth" to it - I'm not an atheist, nor am I a religious fundamentalist. My spiritual/religious views are probably best left for another discussion. But my point is that what made sense 2-3,000 years ago in a very different context doesn't necessarily look the same today.

I have this strange idea that elements of "tradition" and "progress" can be integrated, that they need not be opposed to each other. The fundamentalists takes and extreme versions, sure - they don't work. But the underlying qualities aren't inherently incompatible. And this is often where I disagree with both "trad" and "woke" perspectives, both of which are too rigid, imo.

28 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I agree with almost all of this. But I feel the same way about Trump. And unlike Biden, I believe Trump is evil to his core and cares nothing for the people he supposedly wants to lead. I believe him being alive leads to far more death and pain based on his various action and inaction. therefore, I believe the world will be a better, safer, happier place without him. 

This is demonstrably false. His presidency was the most peaceful one since before bush jr

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I know you're not joking. I would only suggest that different things work in different relationships, and for different people. There aren't just "men" and "women" but many different variations of both. Individuality, you know?

In other words, It is a lot more fluid and varied than you're putting it. I may even grant you some truth to underlying male-female dynamics, but don't see it as concretely as you - and certainly not referential to some ancient document written by desert nomads. And to be clear, I'm not saying the Bible doesn't have "spiritual truth" to it - I'm not an atheist, nor am I a religious fundamentalist. My spiritual/religious views are probably best left for another discussion. But my point is that what made sense 2-3,000 years ago in a very different context doesn't necessarily look the same today.

I have this strange idea that elements of "tradition" and "progress" can be integrated, that they need not be opposed to each other. The fundamentalists takes and extreme versions, sure - they don't work. But the underlying qualities aren't inherently incompatible. And this is often where I disagree with both "trad" and "woke" perspectives, both of which are too rigid, imo.

Nah men and women are pretty much all the same

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

This is demonstrably false. His presidency was the most peaceful one since before bush jr

Possibly. But he also botched Covid for perceived political gain, leading to many thousands of unnecessary deaths. 

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That’s a pretty low bar and it wasn’t that peaceful for the first three years. Bombs, drones, innocent civilian deaths happening. He didn’t start new wars, just continued them.