• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (7/12/24): Mariners @ Angels: Anderson on the mound

Entertaining game. Should have blown it open in the first and second. But good pitching after the early runs kept the game within reach. 

Nice game from the bottom of the order. Adell was a productive factor.  Moniak is progressing. Calhoun arguably gets as good wood on the ball as anyone else on the team. Certainly one of the positive additions. 

But a miserable game from Ward. Drury's defense was pretty ragged. Some preventable mistakes on the bases.

Still, they snatched the victory just when it looked like the familiar blown game in the top of the tenth. 

In this kind of season, these type of close one off  victories are about the most rewarding  thing we can expect. 

ward has a lengthy history of being streaky. there are months where he looks like he has turned the corner and is ready to be a very productive corner outfielder with plenty of power and good numbers. then he goes into a deep hole for six weeks and looks like there's no reason to keep running him out there. 

i hope he'll recover and get back to the good version after the all star break, but if someone is willing to trade for him, i'm all ears if i'm perry.