• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Your favorite Angel over the last 20 years not named Mike Trout, Vlad, Ohtani or Tim Salmon

Weaver - a fellow 49'er who over a 10 year stretch for the Angels averaged 190 IP.  That doesn't include his rookie season where he pitched 200 innings between AAA and the majors getting yo yo'd back and forth in favor of his brother who sucked it up until he was moved during the season. 

Calhoun - 8th round pick who I don't recall hearing much about as he came up through the minors.  He was a gamer who produced for the Angels for 6-7 years.  That's the type of production you always love to see and was huge for a franchise needing production at a bargain price. 

Torri - I was hesitant when they signed him given that he was 32 and that's when players usually start to decline.  He was well above league average all 5 years, extremely consistent, fun to watch in the outfield and he reminded me of Erstad as far as a guy who wasn't afraid to show you he was fired up.

17 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Can't believe I forgot back in the day, my first favorite Angel: Rod Carew. Then it was Wally Joyner and Devon White. In hindsight, I liked Bobby Grich. Chuck Finley was my favorite pitcher. Erstad was a lot of fun.

Last 20 years...

Uh... where's the Lackey love....?!?!?

For me:

1 - Scott Shields (Best Angels reliever of all-time... period... just stop... don´t even think about it...)

2 - Darren Erstad (red ass)

3 - Troy Percival (best squint ever)

4 - Jered Weaver (Hometown loyal)

5 - Kendrys Morales (so underappreciated)

Honorable Mention: GA... dude really frustrated me when he played, but his total body of work is impressive... and I LOVE him and Timmy as broadcasters/analysts...

On 7/13/2024 at 5:19 AM, Angelsjunky said:

Can't believe I forgot back in the day, my first favorite Angel: Rod Carew. Then it was Wally Joyner and Devon White. In hindsight, I liked Bobby Grich. Chuck Finley was my favorite pitcher. Erstad was a lot of fun.

I loved Lyman Bostock and Dean Chance.... but...!!!