• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pirates nearing a trade for Taylor Ward?

It seems like folks are happy to try and make it work with more names from Pittsburgh, but not a dang one of them is something the Angels don’t already have. 

Mitch Jebb? The Angels already have light hitting middle infield prospects. 

Don’t trade Taylor Ward unless someone offers you a deal for something you don’t already have. Or at least, for the potential of a brighter future. No one Pittsburgh is offering there has enough upside to even consider this deal. Dumb.

Get back to me when the Pirates offer something serious, like Ashcraft or Harrington.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

It seems like folks are happy to try and make it work with more names from Pittsburgh, but not a dang one of them is something the Angels don’t already have. 

Don’t trade Taylor Ward unless someone offers you a deal for something you don’t already have. Or at least, for the potential of a brighter future. No one Pittsburgh is offering there has enough upside to even consider this deal. Dumb.

Get back to me when the Pirates offer something serious, like Ashcraft or Harrington.

Okay

22 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Ha, why? Neto and Schanuel (and even O’Hoppe after the trade) pretty much went right into the mix, as did Silseth, Joyce and Mederos.

A lot of things have to go right for that to happen. To predict it before the team even has a draft is very unrealistic to me. 

Plus - The Angels promoting players early in their careers shouldn't become the norm for expectations, IMO.

12 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I feel like redundancy is something we don't have, which is why we have terrible depth. Having a bunch of "guys" isn't going to be flashy or move the needle much but if we have depth at these positions, pitching in particular, then that's exactly what we need.

I'm not saying I want these particular prospects, but I don't think we're getting much more than that IMO.

19 minutes ago, T.G. said:

A lot of things have to go right for that to happen. To predict it before the team even has a draft is very unrealistic to me. 

Plus - The Angels promoting players early in their careers shouldn't become the norm for expectations, IMO.

It kind of has been the norm for Perry’s first-round guys though. I think MLB is shifting this way overall too. I don’t expect it, but if they draft a college OF I assume he’s in Anaheim sometime in 2025 if not sooner, especially if Perry is still around. Why wouldn’t he want to get another one of “his” players to the rest of his guys asap? Plus that core is playing well, so no reason to really doubt that approach yet. Not endorse, but wouldn’t indict it either.

Now if they went after a HS SS though, different story.

Edited by totdprods

44 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Might need a 1 year deal for an OF for all of 2025 if Montgomery drafted, since he will miss the rest of this season due to the ankle surgery.

41 minutes ago, totdprods said:

It kind of has been the norm for Perry’s first-round guys though. I think MLB is shifting this way overall too. I don’t expect it, but if they draft a college OF I assume he’s in Anaheim sometime in 2025 if not sooner, especially if Perry is still around. Why wouldn’t he want to get another one of “his” players to the rest of his guys asap? Plus that core is playing well, so no reason to really doubt that approach yet. Not endorse, but wouldn’t indict it either.

Now if they went after a HS SS though, different story.

I just think it's a giant leap to think that they're trading Ward because they have an OF who they haven't even drafted yet lined up to replace him. 

4 hours ago, OhtaniSan said:

I would rather keep Ward and his 3yrs of control.

Hope the return is substantial or includes a top 100 guy, at least more than just depth pieces

Yeah well I think a huge part of his trade value really comes from the fact that there is some significant control left.  He can be a plug in upgrade for a team that really needs an OF.  His level of actual talent gets you not much in return if it’s an expiring contract but maybe something better if there is some control.

I would be glad to move him now for better value due to the amount of control.   He isn’t really anything special.