• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Why Isn't Rendon Going On A Rehab Assignment?

Why Isn't Rendon Going On A Rehab Assignment?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Why did Anthony Rendon choose to not go on a rehab assignment?

• Not enough fans in minor league stadiums to get into fights with?
    • Angels are already AAA?
    • Wanted to at least get hurt playing at the major league level?
    • Still thinks he can make his case for the All Star team?
    • Other (please provide specifics in the comments)

Rendon is one of those guys that’s probably your best friend in real life. Legitimately good person, loyal and warm to his family and inner circle. 

But when it comes to pleasing a fan base, I can’t think of anyone worse. Yeah, it sucks his body is breaking down from years of elite performance. Fans don’t love it but they understand it. But fighting fans and his general dislike for the media and the spotlight has fomented a litany of out of context quotes and articles that paint him in a bad light and he’s done nothing to correct it because he won’t play their stupid game. What other concussion could your expect a fan to reach? 

I like him, but fully admit he’s done himself no favors.

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Rendon is one of those guys that’s probably your best friend in real life. Legitimately good person, loyal and warm to his family and inner circle. 

But when it comes to pleasing a fan base, I can’t think of anyone worse. Yeah, it sucks his body is breaking down from years of elite performance. Fans don’t love it but they understand it. But fighting fans and his general dislike for the media and the spotlight has fomented a litany of out of context quotes and articles that paint him in a bad light and he’s done nothing to correct it because he won’t play their stupid game. What other concussion could your expect a fan to reach? 

Do you have a fantasy about being friends with Anthony Rendon? lol

10 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Do you have a fantasy about being friends with Anthony Rendon? lol

Not so much. Just reading between the lines of what teammates have said about him going back to his days with them Nats. He seems like a better person than ball player or public persona. 

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Not so much. Just reading between the lines of what teammates have said about him going back to his days with them Nats. He seems like a better person than ball player or public persona. 

What have teammates said? Seems like a lot of people don’t really like him.

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends