• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tyler Anderson makes the All-Star team, no other Angels selected

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Tyler Anderson makes the All-Star team, no other Angels selected
36 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I think O’hoppe has the numbers to go.  He has been solid all year, and terrific the last month or more.

I can see a case O’hoppe over Perez but they’re neck and neck so tiebreakers going to go to the guy with the better record. 

Anderson was good two years ago. And this year. If he had been good last year that season might have had a different curve to it. Probably fewer losing streaks, more wins and maybe even sniffing the wild card more realistically. And who knows what would have happened at and after the trade deadline then? 

But ..  good for him to rebound and actually earn his salary. It would be yet another embarrassment to the franchise, trading their only all star just weeks after that game. But if they can leverage him into high end prospects and/or a youngish decent player then they have to pull the trigger. If not, they still pencil him in for next year and hope he maintains his play and equity. 

Rengifo, not playing one position probably meant that he wasn't on the radar of voters. Versatility dilutes the perception of voters who probably actually saw very little of him. They vote by position too, so that could have been a factor. 

I think O'Hoppe is on the radar of baseball's media. But is still not considered as an established all star. He is certainly deserving, but catcher hasn't been a position that voters prioritized. Next year, all things being equal. 

O'Hoppe for sure should be an All-Star but him and Perez's stats are pretty much the same, so can't knock the decision to not include him over Perez.  Rengifo's case isn't as egregious, but the inclusion of Semien on the team is not justifiable as TEX already had an All-Star and his production is awful.  Hopefully O'Hoppe and Rengifo will be added as players drop out.  

Other All-Stars.... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

You have to be good, to get more than the minimum... The only other one if healthy would have been Trout! 

They're Not going to add an injured Rengifo (for Arbitration) and then add someone else...Just skip the middle man! Waste of time and Hope for a fanbase.... 

I know there isn't much to talk about in here.... But, Come ON!

18 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Other All-Stars.... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

You have to be good, to get more than the minimum... The only other one if healthy would have been Trout! 

They're Not going to add an injured Rengifo (for Arbitration) and then add someone else...Just skip the middle man! Waste of time and Hope for a fanbase.... 

I know there isn't much to talk about in here.... But, Come ON!

If the voting players/coaches thought he was deserving, he could've still made it even though he's injured.  Mookie Betts made it in the NL even though he's still going to be out for a few more weeks probably.

Granted, a little different resume for Mookie vs Rengifo, but injury didn't keep him out.

6 hours ago, arch stanton said:

So what amount of the pitching struggles last year can be pinned on what the data geeks tried to force feed the staff?

the one thing i remember is aaron loop complaining that they wanted him to throw more breaking pitches instead of fastballs. that didn't work out very well for him. i think he said that was their direction for all of the starters, and it wasn't successful.