• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Rengifo IL with "wrist inflammation," Hiura called up, Wantz to the 60-day IL

They would need to make a move to create a spot on the 40-man, but they could just move Trout to the 60-day if they wanted. That would allow them to punt the decision on who to actually remove until Rendon is ready to be activated. 

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

They would need to make a move to create a spot on the 40-man, but they could just move Trout to the 60-day if they wanted. That would allow them to punt the decision on who to actually remove until Rendon is ready to be activated. 

Why hasn’t Trout been moved yet to the 60 day?  Are the rules more complex than I thought when the move is this late into the IL stint?

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why hasn’t Trout been moved yet to the 60 day?  Are the rules more complex than I thought when the move is this late into the IL stint?

Nope. It's not complex at all. They just have to make the procedural move. He's already past 60 days on the IL, anyway, so there's no harm in putting him on it now. It won't delay his return in any way. 

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

They should have put him on the 60 day the moment surgery was the course of action. There was no way he was coming back in 6 weeks and he is going on 9. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

They should have put him on the 60 day the moment surgery was the course of action. There was no way he was coming back in 6 weeks and he is going on 9. 

Yep. And even if they wanted to hedge their bets for a little while and give him some flexibility, it was abundantly clear a month ago that he wouldn't be back by the end of June (which was the 60-day mark from his injury). 

21 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Nope. It's not complex at all. They just have to make the procedural move. He's already past 60 days on the IL, anyway, so there's no harm in putting him on it now. It won't delay his return in any way. 

Return in 2025

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Rengifo IL with "wrist inflammation," Hiura called up, Wantz to the 60-day IL
5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

So just inflammation in wrist no ligament damage? Sounds like good news. Sano better get some hits soon or he is gone. 

Given past Angels' injury history, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we find out down the road that it's something more severe than "inflammation." 

22 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

So just inflammation in wrist no ligament damage? Sounds like good news. Sano better get some hits soon or he is gone. 

Assuming Rendon really is close to returning, Sano, Guillorme or Kuira would probably need to go. I’m not a big Sano fan so he’d probably be my choice. But I doubt that is what Perry would do. 

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Assuming Rendon really is close to returning, Sano, Guillorme or Kuira would probably need to go. I’m not a big Sano fan so he’d probably be my choice. But I doubt that is what Perry would do. 

Maybe Drury gets traded

14 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Maybe Drury gets traded

12 minutes ago, DMVol said:

We’d have to eat salary and Arte is not a fan of that.

At this point, I don't think anyone will resist dumping Sano.  He's done absolutely nothing after his good spring, he's only owed the minimum, and he's a free agent after the season. 

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

He did eat basically around $63 million when he traded Hamilton.

Drury is only owed between $3-4 million.

Hamilton was a One Off thing, wouldn’t use that for an example. I don’t think Drury has much, if any, value right now, whether it’s 3 million or whatever. 

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He has ate salary many, many times. Albert, Hamilton, Appier, Upton, along with others. 

I meant in trades…might have been unclear, since the post was about trading Drury. Other than Hamilton (Texas paid maybe 2 million of the 25 million), I don’t remember us eating money in a trade. Albert, Appier and Upton were released. Not sure if that matters, it may not, we’ll see. 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

i'm thinking it's more like tendonitis.

and i think sano gets dumped when they're ready to activate rendon. sano hasn't done nearly enough to stick around.