• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Boys of Eutaw Bidding

Kyle Bradish back on the IL

Soriano vs Crochet

They have the goods to add Garrett Crochet from the White Sox, yet the Sox might demand too much there.

Manasian should angle with Soriano to see what he might field on counter.  Earlier in the year I came up with Detmers.  That obviously has changed, but for that added power arm reinforcement to Burns and Gray-Rod, they ABSOLUTELY would be asking about Soriano 

And, if means 3B Coby Mayo with an RHSP compensation prospect, say Chayce McDermott, it has my attention.  Cade Povich has replaced John Means, Cole Irvin has been another good Lefty.  Man, that team is stacked!   

Despite Soriano's injury history, I would still consider keeping him for at least another year or two. With Dana's development and my confidence that Detmers will turn out well, signing one of the top starters in free agency could give us a strong 1-2-3 punch. 

I was open to at least considering offers for Soriano - the injury history and potential value in return was enormous - but after Sandoval zeroed himself out of trade contention this year or next I’m not as interested. We still need arms in the rotation next year.

Really bummed they didn’t deal Sandoval before this. Huge missed opportunity and he was the perfect blend of value and expendability, IMO. Canning doesn’t have the value, and the control and ceiling Soriano and Detmers offer is too good to make them definite trade candidates right now. 

Unless they draft someone like Hagen Smith or get an MLB-ready SP in a deal, hard to deal anyone from the rotation besides Anderson now.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Unless they draft someone like Hagen Smith or get an MLB-ready SP in a deal, hard to deal anyone from the rotation besides Anderson now.

Anderson and Estevez and any of the relievers on expiring contracts, with a pulse in July. That may be it.

We finally get lucky with a relief pitcher becoming a decent consistent starter and the first thing some of you want to discuss is getting rid of him, I mean jesus christ do some of you read what you're writing? We need *something* of a foundation to build off if this team ever expects to get back into contention in the next couple years. 

5 hours ago, totdprods said:

Really bummed they didn’t deal Sandoval before this. 

Sandoval had no trade value at the start of the season that would fill any need higher than just leaving him in the rotation. As the season progressed his value dropped even more.