• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Anyone here skateboard?

4 minutes ago, angelsfan100 said:

There's no age limit for skateboarding. I often see guys in their 50s at my local park. 

Just kidding. I skateboarded in the metal wheel days. No helmets, no pads.

I saw a guy on a onewheel the other day and it looks like a blast. Not without a helmet though.

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

Just kidding. I skateboarded in the metal wheel days. No helmets, no pads.

I saw a guy on a onewheel the other day and it looks like a blast. Not without a helmet though.

My dad and his brothers would take the trucks and steel wheels off of roller skates and make their own skate boards. My uncle broke his arm when he hit a pebble on the sidewalk. From what I understand those wheels were unforgiving compared with the whatever the newer plastic ones are made with.

I'm a rollerblader (yes, I've heard it all before). Used to do vert & street stuff, spend my allowance at Vans skate park on Friday nights...but no more trick stuff, I don't want to get hurt. But it's still fun to cruise and go fast.

I was pretty good at skateboarding, could 50/50 and heel flip...but got sick of the stupid board hitting me in the shins, so I gave it up.

1 hour ago, katie said:

I’ve been saying for all 11 years I’ve lived in Oceanside that I want rollerblades for the strand at the beach. 

when i lost all my weight i decided to start rollerblading. found a decent pair on ebay and bought them. for whatever reasons, my feet grew wider and the skates were just simply too narrow. took one quick stroll with them around the patio and that was it. they hurt so much so i gave it up. gave them away to one of my students. 

i played ice hockey in college and always enjoyed skating. roller blades would've been a good substitute for ice. i wish it would've worked out better. it's a good way to exercise. 

22 hours ago, katie said:

I’ve been saying for all 11 years I’ve lived in Oceanside that I want rollerblades for the strand at the beach. 

What are you waiting for? It's a blast! Fun to ride Bolsa/Huntington/Newport in board shorts, then go take a dip in the water when you get hot.

20 hours ago, Tank said:

i played ice hockey in college and always enjoyed skating. roller blades would've been a good substitute for ice.

And vice/versa. I get on the ice and it's practically identical. The only thing I've struggled with on the ice is the quick stop where you turn your skates 90 degrees and lean. Have no problem doing that with skates on the concrete, but it's been a bitch to learn on the ice. I've been practicing at the local ice rink for public sessions every couple weeks, but man, I'm getting sick of falling on my ass (and getting laughed at by the kids)!

5 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

The only thing I've struggled with on the ice is the quick stop where you turn your skates 90 degrees and lean. Have no problem doing that with skates on the concrete, but it's been a bitch to learn on the ice. I've been practicing at the local ice rink for public sessions every couple weeks, but man, I'm getting sick of falling on my ass (and getting laughed at by the kids)!

weird. i found that to be a pretty easy thing to do on ice. doing that kind of stop on roller blades seems like it'd be really challenging. 

i've heard it said that ice skaters think roller skating is more difficult, and roller skaters think ice skating is more difficult. i suppose there's a nugget of truth in there for whichever one you learn first. 

FTR, i learned to ice skate first.