• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman verdict

People of different ages get smoked every day. Dudes and dudettes of differing degrees of maniacal douchebaggery do the smoking. Violence and evil is a worldwide epidemic. I hate the extreme focus and attention one incident gets over the dozens of others, which occur in the same time frame. I wish the media and its customers would be as enamored and passionate about the circumstances that lead to these tragedies as they are with the result of a legal proceeding, which 1.) cannot bring back the deceased, and 2.) does nothing to prevent future incidents of the same nature. 

But some dick with a $300 haircut will win a pulitzer or emmy. On to the next career-maker!

People of different ages get smoked every day. Dudes and dudettes of differing degrees of maniacal douchebaggery do the smoking. Violence and evil is a worldwide epidemic. I hate the extreme focus and attention one incident gets over the dozens of others, which occur in the same time frame. I wish the media and its customers would be as enamored and passionate about the circumstances that lead to these tragedies as they are with the result of a legal proceeding, which 1.) cannot bring back the deceased, and 2.) does nothing to prevent future incidents of the same nature. 

But some dick with a $300 haircut will win a pulitzer or emmy. On to the next career-maker!

yep.

media is a for-profit business, they need to report/sell/hype the stories that will get the most eyeballs so they can sell advertising slots.

as long as the masses eat this stuff up the media will keep shoving it down their throats. 

One thing this case has taught me: I need to be more sensitive about being called a cracker. 

The media has made it clear to me that we all need to be more open to how much people out there hate each of us because of our color.

Your statement to red that, "You stated that he should have listened to police when he was told "We don't need you to do that" referring to him following Martin" is incorrect.  "We don't need you to do that" is what the dispatcher said. 

What red said was, "If Zimmerman had listened to the police, who told him to stay away, none of this would have happened."  

The misrepresentation/misquoting of this part of the conversation has truly been breathtaking.  I've seen more news reports positioning it the way red did and it's just stunning.  

There are more than enough reasons to be upset with what GZ did and the feeling that he did not get what was coming to him without making up or changing the facts of the case.

This is all a moot point because what the police dispatcher told him is irrelevant.  They are not sworn officers and have no authority to give orders. 

Any instructions they give is nothing more than a mere suggestion, legally speaking.

I know....There seems to be a difference of opinion on the subject.  Was he targeted because he was black? Or just because he wan an unknown in the neighborhood?  I have had the argument here before.  Lifetime said that he would have followed my kid in his neighborhood if he didn't know who he was.

damn right I would have followed/watched him if he had been walking through my neighborhood and I didn't know him. Doesn't mean I would have shot him or even confronted him. I may have called the cops though. Why the hell shouldn't I. I don't know who this kid is or what his business is in my neighborhood. All I know is I haven't seen him before and I'm going to watch him to make sure he's not up to trouble. In fact I've had to do this before, a couple days later a neighbor's house was robbed. My description of the kid helped ID the robber who was later arrested with his cohorts. Not black, just unknown. So ya, if your son was walking through my neighborhood, you're damn right I'd follow/watch him and I'd have zero qualms about it.

This is all a moot point because what the police dispatcher told him is irrelevant.  They are not sworn officers and have no authority to give orders. 

Any instructions they give is nothing more than a mere suggestion, legally speaking.

It is a moot point.  Except that it's a point that keeps being brought up and incorrectly referenced. 

Well that had nothing to do with my statement, but OK. I did take a baseball bat with me when I walked down to the end of my street after the guy turned the corner so I would at least have something to defend myself with if he tried to jump me. He didn't and walked off after a few minutes of me staring him down but if attacked I would not have hesitated to respond with the force of Louisville Slugger.

Here's a question for Trayvon supporters...

Why would Zimmerman allow Trayvon to first break his nose and slam his head into the sidewalk if he INTENDED from the start to kill him?  If Zimmerman wanted to kill Trayvon for being black, there's no need to get any closer than 50 feet since he had a loaded gun at his disposal.  No need to talk to Trayvon.  No need for a physical altercation.  And definitely no need to first call the police.

Essentially what the Trayvon camp is suggesting is that Zimmerman is a murderer with BDSM fantasies because he permitted Trayvon to inflict pain and bloody him up before shooting him.

Well that had nothing to do with my statement, but OK. I did take a baseball bat with me when I walked down to the end of my street after the guy turned the corner so I would at least have something to defend myself with if he tried to jump me. He didn't and walked off after a few minutes of me staring him down but if attacked I would not have hesitated to respond with the force of Louisville Slugger.

Katie's question was relevant given the context of this discussion.

Awesome, so relevant to the discussion as a whole but not to my comments or the comments I was replying to, even though she was responding to my comments. Thanks for the clarification.

Actually it was relevant to the posts you were replying to since BBM originally asked you if you would follow her son in your neighborhood.