• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels outright Suarez to AAA

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I really did think one of the basement-dwelling teams would take a shot at him.  Oh well.  Hopefully he can right himself in AAA and be valuable to the Angels or someone else down the road.

and yet we kept him this long fearing they'd lose him to another team if released. SMDH

The guy is absolute garbage. 

Just now, Chuck said:

and yet we kept him this long fearing they'd lose him to another team if released. SMDH

I'm really starting to question the Angels major league scouts. Can't they tell when a player sucks so hard and the likelihood of them getting better is slim to no chance? 

2 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Just now, Chuck said:

I'm really starting to question the Angels major league scouts. Can't they tell when a player sucks so hard and the likelihood of them getting better is slim to no chance? 

At this point, though, it doesn't hurt to have him at AAA.  It's not like there are a ton of other quality guys there who he's going to be taking time from.

But, yeah, it is a little surprising that they apparently had no clue he'd go unclaimed.  Lol

4 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Rotation now is Anderson, Canning and who?

Soriano soon (I think he just has 6-7 more days on the IL), Detmers soon I think and you have to wonder when Daniel Davis or Davis Daniel whatever the F his name is going to get a shot. I'd let Caden Dana cook in the minors all season if they can. 

23 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Soriano soon (I think he just has 6-7 more days on the IL), Detmers soon I think and you have to wonder when Daniel Davis or Davis Daniel whatever the F his name is going to get a shot. I'd let Caden Dana cook in the minors all season if they can. 

I think Soriano will be on limited inn rest of year. Anderson to be traded maybe and have not heard anything on Rosenburgh. Very thin rotation right now.

48 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

At this point, though, it doesn't hurt to have him at AAA.  It's not like there are a ton of other quality guys there who he's going to be taking time from.

But, yeah, it is a little surprising that they apparently had no clue he'd go unclaimed.  Lol

To be fair, the fact that he went unclaimed in June doesn’t mean he would have gone unclaimed in April or May. The calculus changes every day based on how he’s pitching and how the guys on other teams are performing, whether they’re injured or not. Etc. 

I had 2 people from other teams tell me back in late April or early May that they thought he would be claimed. 

23 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

To be fair, the fact that he went unclaimed in June doesn’t mean he would have gone unclaimed in April or May. The calculus changes every day based on how he’s pitching and how the guys on other teams are performing, whether they’re injured or not. Etc. 

I had 2 people from other teams tell me back in late April or early May that they thought he would be claimed. 

With rotation so thin could halos keep Anderson? 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Hire someone to teach him a knuckle ball

11 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

With rotation so thin could halos keep Anderson? 

It would be the dumbest possible decision to keep Anderson to just fill out the rotation in order to play out a lost season.  So, yeah, it's possible the Angels do it, given their recent history...

But, seriously, who cares who's in the rotation in August or September?  They can bring back Detmers and Silseth, Soriano will still get several more starts even if they do eventually shut him down to limit his innings, and then you can fill the rest of the slots with Plesac, get Fulmer or Contreras stretched out to start, call up Rosenberg once he's back or Mederos, etc.