• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2024 Olympics

I thought I'd start this thread...

I think it's cool that they've been able to do swimming events in a stadium. 

Looking forward to the Olympics... nice distraction from a hard-to-watch Angels baseball season.

i love watching the olympics, even the trials. 

TG, i agree about holding swimming in the Colts domed stadium. i don't imagine you could do that to sofi stadium in LA because of how much water would be required to fill it along with the practice pool.

12 hours ago, Tank said:

this is weird.

long beach hosted canoeing and kayak events in '84 (iirc) and i wonder why they can't again.

what's wrong with using ucla for softball? 

And it's not like the Oklahoma stadium is huge.  It only seats 4,000.  Vs 2500 for USC and 1328 for UCLA.  Then you have Angels Stadium.  And a bunch of minor league parks.  It can't cost that much to transform a minor league baseball field into a softball field.  Probably cheaper to transform that field, than to fly all softball players to and from Oklahoma.  San Manuel Stadium in San Bernardino, 8,000.  Lake Elsinore Diamond, 7866.  Loanmart Field, Rancho Cucamonga, 6200.  And really, if you wanted to go big, you could have gone to San Diego and Petco Park.  That would probably be a pretty kick ass place to watch a softball game.  As it's already a kick ass place to watch a baseball game.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • T.G. changed the title to 2024 Olympics

men's and women's soccer are already underway. u.s. men were pounded yesterday.

7-man rugby is also underway. yesterday, the u.s. and france tied, and then the u.s. got clobbered by fiji, the defending world/olympic champions. fiji looked formidable.

women's handball started today. 

my daughter's a bit irritated that i've watched soccer.

opening ceremonies are going to include the traditional parade of nations sailing down the seine river. that could be fun.

just heard this afternoon that beach volleyball is going to be under the eiffel tower. 

teams are sailing down the seine on boats, and it looks pretty good. 

they just took time out for a song by lady gaga (is she french?) which looked like some kind of tribute to the old paris cabaret show, complete with a fan dance.

us mens gymnastics team wins a bronze medal in the team competition.

the nerdy dude with the glasses (paul juda?) nailed it on the pommel horse to secure a spot on the podium. he was the last team member to go, it was their final apparatus in the rotation today, and the horse is his specialty. talk about your good timing.

I am completely fascinated watching the US Women’s Rugby team.  They are awesome and it’s an amazing sport to watch.

There are a few women on that team I’d never talk smack to.  Ever.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

I am completely fascinated watching the US Women’s Rugby team.  They are awesome and it’s an amazing sport to watch.

There are a few women on that team I’d never talk smack to.  Ever.

That was a fun tournament to watch. They took bronze on a last second score 

On 7/29/2024 at 8:31 PM, Tank said:

us mens gymnastics team wins a bronze medal in the team competition.

the nerdy dude with the glasses (paul juda?) nailed it on the pommel horse to secure a spot on the podium. he was the last team member to go, it was their final apparatus in the rotation today, and the horse is his specialty. talk about your good timing.

That was fun to watch.

36 minutes ago, T.G. said:

That was fun to watch.

Best line of the night...

"He stuck the landing like a toothpick in a club sandwich. "

22 hours ago, arch stanton said:

That was a fun tournament to watch. They took bronze on a last second score 

I had to go watch that after reading this. It was like, Miracle on Grass.

katie ledecky wins gold in the women's 1500m swim. 

i believe this is her 13th medal, making her the woman with the most swimming medals in US history. she was tied at 12 with natalie coughlin and jenny thompson.

US men just lost to poland in 3x3 basketball.

US men's (regular) basketball team beat south sudan pretty handily after a pretty poor performance against them right before the games started.