• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Jo Adell isn't getting better

I have said for 2 years this guy is not a baseball player. He is a bonehead. There was a week in May when I thought/hoped I was wrong. He made a couple nice defensive plays and had hit a HR and  more importantly a two strike double to right center field with a short compact swing. But it was just a mirage. The glimmer of hope disappeared. At this point, he is quickly approaching almost zero value. Lucky for him somebody will give him another chance because he does have power. Could a great hitting/mental coach fix him? It will be interesting to see. And if he turns it around and becomes a real MLB player hitting .275 with 35 HRs, then it will be obvious that the Angels have a big problem developing players. Good luck, Jo.

Adell has run out of minor league options this year…meaning that the Angels would have to place Adell on waivers if they want to send him back to triple-A.

He most likely would get claimed by another team  if he was placed on waivers.

He’ll stick around for a while but the next move the Angels make with Adell will be to show him the door 😂😂

1 hour ago, Slegnaac said:

I think they are trying the Suarez tactic.  Hold on until they believe no one would claim him.

I don’t know what you do. A trade, including DFA, is selling low and that hasn’t made sense but he’s been so bad that you can’t keep running him out there. He’s got almost 900 big league AB’s so it’s not a small sample size anymore. And, maybe most importantly, he doesn’t show signs of improvement. At least not offensively. Defense is better but base running is awful.