• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/15/24 1:05pm): Angels @ Giants: Sandoval on the mound, Guillorme at 2B

Just now, Stradling said:

I understand starting Luis G with Soriano on the mound but not sure I get it with Sandoval. 

Based on nothing other than my own personal wild interpretation of something I think Wash said, I just kinda get the impression he's not a big fan of Stefanic.  Might just be because he hasn't seen much of him in person since he got hurt early on. 

Whether Stefanic or Guillorme starts won't really matter that much one way or the other in terms of winning, but, yeah, I don't really see much reason to be playing Guillorme over Stefanic.  Guillorme likely won't be brought back next year and it's not like playing him more will make him valuable in a trade situation.  Best thing for the team would seem to be just playing Stefanic every day (assuming he's healthy) to see what he can produce over the long run.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Based on nothing other than my own personal wild interpretation of something I think Wash said, I just kinda get the impression he's not a big fan of Stefanic.  Might just be because he hasn't seen much of him in person since he got hurt early on. 

Whether Stefanic or Guillorme starts won't really matter that much one way or the other in terms of winning, but, yeah, I don't really see much reason to be playing Guillorme over Stefanic.  Guillorme likely won't be brought back next year and it's not like playing him more will make him valuable in a trade situation.  Best thing for the team would seem to be just playing Stefanic every day (assuming he's healthy) to see what he can produce over the long run.

Because you aren’t just developing Stefanic in the game, you are also developing Soriano, so why not put him in a position to succeed by putting out a better defense behind him especially with Soriano being an extreme ground ball pitcher. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Because you aren’t just developing Stefanic in the game, you are also developing Soriano, so why not put him in a position to succeed by putting out a better defense behind him especially with Soriano being an extreme ground ball pitcher. 

Fine, I won't quibble with that--but my larger point is that Stefanic should be in there on a regular basis.  If that means 4 out of 5 games, cool.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Fine, I won't quibble with that--but my larger point is that Stefanic should be in there on a regular basis.  If that means 4 out of 5 games, cool.

Yep, which is why I differentiated between Soriano and Sandoval.