• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

If the Angels committed to a full rebuild...

Rebuild Pole  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How many crappy seasons to turn the Angels org around?

• One more (good in 2026)
    • Two more (good in 2027)
    • Three more (good in 2028)
    • Four more (good in 2029)
    • Five-plus more (good in 2030 or beyond)

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You make it sound like the Angels have an insane vacancy in the front office. Teams without a PBO do not have that role filled by the owner, that is in no way normal. 

No, you act like GMs regularly have autonomy. That simply isn’t true. 

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

No GM has autonomy.  Some have considerably more than Perry has but none have complete autonomy. 

Virtually all GMs have considerably more autonomy than Perry, which is the problem.

Glad you figured that out.

8 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Perry is likely the only GM who has his owner looking over his shoulder any time he wants to make a trade.

Do you honestly think that’s true? That Arte looked over his shoulder when he traded for Luis G or Roansy? 

15 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Aside from that I believe Billy Beane has full autonomy.

Beane is no longer the GM of the A's. And when he was he was under an extremely restricted budget so his autonomous decision making is like going into a candy store with a quarter to spend. 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Do you honestly think that’s true? That Arte looked over his shoulder when he traded for Luis G or Roansy? 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Beane is no longer the GM of the A's. And when he was he was under an extremely restricted budget so his autonomous decision making is like going into a candy store with a quarter to spend. 

I'm not really sure what you guys are arguing for anymore. Arte has reportedly nixed trades, personally negotiated large free agent deals and barred Perry from trading anyone who isnt on an expiring contract. If this is all reasonable to you because "Perry is just the GM" then the Angels #1 priority should be hiring a President of Baseball Ops. If you don't think that's true then I will remind you that the Angels have the 6th worst record in MLB over the last 9 years.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm not really sure what you guys are arguing for anymore. Arte has reportedly nixed trades, personally negotiated large free agent deals and barred Perry from trading anyone who isnt on an expiring contract. If this is all reasonable to you because "Perry is just the GM" then the Angels #1 priority should be hiring a President of Baseball Ops. If you don't think that's true then I will remind you that the Angels have the 6th worst record in MLB over the last 9 years.

Ok that’s total bullshit. What free agent did he personally negotiate?  That literally never happened. You are exaggerating to pretend to make a point. Yes he nixed a trade but in hindsight it would have been an awful trade. 

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok that’s total bullshit. What free agent did he personally negotiate?  That literally never happened. You are exaggerating to pretend to make a point. Yes he nixed a trade but in hindsight it would have been an awful trade. 

Rendon for sure, probably Hamilton, maybe even Albert.

You act like all the rumors can't possibly be true, and that, at most, the ones reported are the only time it happens. Is it possible it could all be made up? Sure, but where there is smoke there's fire. It's no coincidence the Angels don't have a PBO, no one wants to work for them, and the entire organization has been a shit show for a decade. But go ahead and keep defending them.

I can understand them keeping Rengifo around but if someone is willing deal anything worthwhile for Ward they should do it.  He's probably having the best year that he’ll have in his career this year.  FFS sell high fucking once.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I can understand them keeping Rengifo around but if someone is willing deal anything worthwhile for Ward they should do it.  He's probably having the best year that he’ll have in his career this year.  FFS sell high fucking once.  

KC or Atlanta make a lot of sense for Ward. 

I sure hope arte doesn’t sell to a jackass like Cuban. Not enough time is spent examining some of our potential buyers. Cuban made quite a few bad moves in his day. Stevie ain’t killing it with the clips. Sterling probably has 5-10 years left and the liquid assets to to turn things around. 

3 hours ago, Kotchman said:

I sure hope arte doesn’t sell to a jackass like Cuban. Not enough time is spent examining some of our potential buyers. Cuban made quite a few bad moves in his day. Stevie ain’t killing it with the clips. Sterling probably has 5-10 years left and the liquid assets to to turn things around. 

Sterling?

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Why does Moreno not employ a POBO, like more teams are doing?

What difference would that make?  You and some others are so hung up on that title.  You could add a Czar of Baseball Operations or a King of Baseball Ops and it wouldn't make a bit of difference as long as Arte is the owner. 

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

What difference would that make?  You and some others are so hung up on that title.  You could add a Czar of Baseball Operations or a King of Baseball Ops and it wouldn't make a bit of difference as long as Arte is the owner. 

If people reporting to Arte have no autonomy, then why would anyone assume a newly created POBO position would have autonomy?

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

If people reporting to Arte have no autonomy, then why would anyone assume a newly created POBO position would have autonomy?

Because.

16 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I guess it was more meant to be a rhetorical question, that drives home your point.   Moreno just doesn’t seem to be much into building a strong organization from majors to farm.