• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

If the Angels committed to a full rebuild...

Rebuild Pole  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How many crappy seasons to turn the Angels org around?

• One more (good in 2026)
    • Two more (good in 2027)
    • Three more (good in 2028)
    • Four more (good in 2029)
    • Five-plus more (good in 2030 or beyond)

9 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Donald Sterling is only 90

I had thought he passed away.

Regarding Ballmer, it doesn’t help that Leonard seems to have the “I will play when I want to” philosophy plus gets injured too often.

Not quite Ben Simmons though

Edited by Angel Oracle

The development of Soriano, along with Neto, Schanuel, and O'Hoppe, gives us a solid group of players to develop. Even Rengifo has shown real upside, adding to our strong group of young talent.

The minor league is currently lacking, but I see two gems in the system: Dana and Kent. Dana has already shown his potential, and I think Kent is on a similar path. These upcoming drafts and the chance at two top 10 picks will help tremendously

This trade deadline could be a chance to add much-needed talent to the system by selling high on Ward and Anderson. I believe Anderson could fetch us one top 100 prospect in the 85-100 range, as well as a team's 10-20 prospect and a 25-30 prospect.  

With Ward, I think we could see a return of two top 100 prospects, or one in the 50-100 range, along with a top 10 team prospect and two in the 20-30 range.

In total, we have a chance to add 2 to 3 top 100 prospects to the system, and another 1 or 2 from this draft, significantly increasing the talent level in our minors.

Here's where it gets interesting: with another top 10 pick and multiple picks available in next year’s draft, shedding Anderson and Ward's contracts gives us another opportunity to boost the farm system. The resulting low payroll could put us in a great position to be active in next year’s market while still adding to the farm system.

The ideal scenario would be to sell high on Ward and Anderson, then be ready to spend in free agency. This all depends on Art's willingness to invest. We could have an offseason similar to what the Dodgers did last year, with both Burns and Fried available and about $70+ million to spend.

The Ideal Scenario:

1.        Burnes: 250 mil over 8 years about 31.25 mil per year

2.        Fried  160 mil over 6 years

3.        Hernandez 55 Mil over 3 years

4.        Trade either Canning, Silseth or Sandy to fill another.

5.        Get ready for next season.

Or if this does not happen, time for a full rebuild! be prepared to trade Trout by next trade deadline if he's still healthy and eat 60% of his contract, or Arte can put the money of the top starters this upcoming free agency.