• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/13/24): Angels @ D-backs: Canning on the mound, Ward & O'Hoppe back

29 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Hey Moreno, you do see how important a bullpen is?

This entire bullpen is a disgrace to MLB!

One thing we can't blame Arte for: the bullpen. Minasian spent money on it - really, the only area he spent money on. 

Arte is the root problem, but Minasian hasn't moved the needle in a positive direction. He is, at best, a mediocre GM - and that's charitable.

I fast forwarded after the Walker second homer. Man, Canning folds so badly with any adversity. A pitch or two after a usual ump bad ball/strike call he serves up the three run homer. 

The team has maybe half a dozen players to build around. At the most. But most of the roster is just an embarrassment. It's not that the effort isn't there. They are simply not very good.

I flip to lots of games on some nights. It seems no matter the team or game, every inning or two there are really egregious terrible ball/strike calls. The broadcasters usually comment. Jokingly if it goes their way, befuddled if it doesn't And more often than not they make a difference and have consequences. 

Really, baseball is getting harder and harder to watch because of it. 

I'm now watching a 1934 movie called 'Death on the Diamond' on TCM. It feels like that with most Angel games. 

9 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

I flip to lots of games on some nights. It seems no matter the team or game, every inning or two there are really egregious terrible ball/strike calls. The broadcasters usually comment. Jokingly if it goes their way, befuddled if it doesn't And more often than not they make a difference and have consequences. 

Really, baseball is getting harder and harder to watch because of it. 

Same here. 

Broken record, and something that will never happen: If the players REALLY want to fix the ball/strike problem without automated systems, at some point a pitcher, when he throws an obvious ball that is called a strike for an out, will need to have the nuts to tell the ump "No dummy, that was a ball...put the batter back in the box, he gets another pitch" or vice versa a batter when the ump calls a strike ball 4, will need to say "No stupid, that was a strike...I'm not taking a free base, give the pitcher back the ball, he gets another pitch." 

Because until that happens, I'm sick and tired of the bitching and moaning about calls only when it doesn't go their way. If you want the problem to be fixed, it has to go both ways. This whole "that was the wrong call, but we'll take it!" is the worst attitude they can have if they were REALLY concerned about fixing the problem.