• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Rated Among Worst Orgs in Players Poll

The Angels were rated as the third least desirable place to play by players.

On the Angels:

“(I’ve heard that they) treat their minor-leaguers like crap.”

“The organization is just run pretty poorly and pretty cheap.”

“General dysfunction.”

“Been there, done that, and I have never heard a good thing about them.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5529966/2024/06/10/mlb-player-poll-overrated-underrated-worst-organization/

Screen Shot 2024-06-13 at 11.43.36.png

Think this is a big reason why they hired Ron. Also have some suspicion that’s why they’re grabbing so many once semi-high-profile cast-offs and former top 100 prospects like Moniak, Tucker, Hiura, Sano, Dozier, Calhoun, Contreras, Fulmer, Strickland with it being some half-baked attempt to cultivate some goodwill amongst player circles as a place willing to give guys a second shot. 

1 hour ago, TroutBaseball said:

On the Angels:

“General dysfunction.”

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5529966/2024/06/10/mlb-player-poll-overrated-underrated-worst-organization/

Longer discussion of this poll here:

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Think this is a big reason why they hired Ron. Also have some suspicion that’s why they’re grabbing so many once semi-high-profile cast-offs and former top 100 prospects like Moniak, Tucker, Hiura, Sano, Dozier, Calhoun, Contreras, Fulmer, Strickland with it being some half-baked attempt to cultivate some goodwill amongst player circles as a place willing to give guys a second shot. 

So we’re not even in a “rebuilding year” in terms of the team, we’re in a “rebuilding our image” year

On 6/13/2024 at 11:47 AM, TroutBaseball said:

On the Angels:

“General dysfunction.”

Tarpy beats us again. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2024 at 2:23 PM, katie said:

So we’re not even in a “rebuilding year” in terms of the team, we’re in a “rebuilding our image” year

we all have our own ideas on what to do next, but i wonder what it would truly take for this franchise to fix this sinking ship and turn it around. 

it's obviously going to have to start with new ownership and bringing in new people in the front office. 

as others have said here, it feels like there just simply isn't any kind of plan outside of plug in reclamation projects here and there and hope something actually works. 

@Jeff Fletcher are reporters asking about long term plans? is perry willing to talk about it or is it off limits?

9 hours ago, Tank said:

we all have our own ideas on what to do next, but i wonder what it would truly take for this franchise to fix this sinking ship and turn it around. 

it's obviously going to have to start with new ownership and bringing in new people in the front office. 

as others have said here, it feels like there just simply isn't any kind of plan outside of plug in reclamation projects here and there and hope something actually works. 

@Jeff Fletcher are reporters asking about long term plans? is perry willing to talk about it or is it off limits?

The long term plan is to have a better farm system. What else could there be?

52 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

If you polled people here during Spring Training it would be draft beer in Tempe Diablo stadium. Fans are pretty short sighted. 

Here’s the thing, there are only 30 MLB teams, and according to that graph, only losing teams have a bad reputation among players. 

This tells me that if the Angels were winning, there wouldn’t be a single negative word. But because they’re losing, skepticism abounds. And that’s fair. 

12 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

of course. what about how they stock the major league team in the meantime? is there a plan beyond what they've been doing the last few years?

20 hours ago, Tank said:

of course. what about how they stock the major league team in the meantime? is there a plan beyond what they've been doing the last few years?

As long as the core of their own young players isn’t good, the caliber of players they add from outside isn’t going to change. You can’t trade for good players with no farm system. And you can’t attract premium free agents when your core is no good. 

Sorry, but this is it.