• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels Have Emotional Team Meeting

Bob was there when we were talking to Wash. I was thinking “oh this is cool because I just wrote about this last week. And now it’s a nice lead note on a day that nothing is going on.”

I didn’t think it was anything important enough to tweet before actually writing my story. 

Then about 30 minutes later, I see that Bob’s tweet has people losing their minds with speculation. So I had to tweet to tell people what really happened. 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

There’s plenty to be excited about, it simply isn’t the record. 

As I’m not one who watches day to day, please enlighten me on the plenty to get excited about. Is it the occasional good game from Neto and flashes from Soriano as a starter? 

3 hours ago, m0nkey said:

As I’m not one who watches day to day, please enlighten me on the plenty to get excited about. Is it the occasional good game from Neto and flashes from Soriano as a starter? 

It’s the young players, yes. Occasional good game?  

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’m shocked that anyone would “lose their minds” in speculation. 

It’s not that shocking, considering a national reporter tweeted something with no context and used the word “emotional,” which could be interpreted in many different ways.

(and yes, I know you’re being sarcastic)

Edited by BTH

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

It’s the young players, yes. Occasional good game?  

Maybe a bit harsh on Neto, considering he's got an OPS+ of 102 now.  

So we have Neto and O'hoppe who look like they have a chance of being above average regulars, and Soriano has shown flashes he can be a legitimate good starter.  Maybe I'm setting the bar too high but hard for me to consider that plenty to get excited about.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Maybe a bit harsh on Neto, considering he's got an OPS+ of 102 now.  

So we have Neto and O'hoppe who look like they have a chance of being above average regulars, and Soriano has shown flashes he can be a legitimate good starter.  Maybe I'm setting the bar too high but hard for me to consider that plenty to get excited about.

Don't forget Schanuel's nice -0.5 WAR this year.  

I think it's mostly just cope, but I can understand it.  Deep down, most fans on this board know this franchise has a lot more pain ahead before things have a chance of improving. 

Most of these kids are nice, complementary players at best but there's not much else going on.  I would call it more "mild amusement" than excitement, but I guess if you can't get excited about these guys then there's nothing else to really get excited about.

It is becoming more apparent that we may be in for a lengthy rebuild. I see Neto and O'Hoppe as keepers but can't think of anyone else offhand besides Rengifo. Of course, Trout stays.

Most of this team could be replaced without much damage to our winning chances.

28 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

It is becoming more apparent that we may be in for a lengthy rebuild. I see Neto and O'Hoppe as keepers but can't think of anyone else offhand besides Rengifo. Of course, Trout stays.

Most of this team could be replaced without much damage to our winning chances.

Schanuel, Adell, Soriano. 

Will be surprised if Adell is a key part of the next angels winning team(s). Too early either way for schanuel considering he wasn’t even drafted 12 months ago but he doesn’t scream blue chip franchise cornerstone right now. 

Just now, m0nkey said:

Will be surprised if Adell is a key part of the next angels winning team(s). Too early either way for schanuel considering he wasn’t even drafted 12 months ago but he doesn’t scream blue chip franchise cornerstone right now. 

He doesn’t have to be a blue chip cornerstone player. He can be a very solid player for a long time.