• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Folks who always back their car into a parking space

8 minutes ago, T.G. said:

You sound like a cranky old man.

He is.

Because of the tail length of a pickup bed, it is easier to exit a parking space when it is cab out instead of tailgate. That reduces blind spot area when exiting a space, you can see oncoming traffic and avoid a collision. 

Newer pickups with backup cameras make parking pretty easy maneuvering an extra 6 to 8 feet of bed without tearing off the sides of adjacent vehicles. 

4 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I prefer to back in as it’s easier to see when pulling out. Too many people drive through parking lots in a hurry and speed behind people pulling out rather than waiting.  

What about the confusion you cause to other people in the parking lot when you back in?

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

What about the confusion you cause to other people in the parking lot when you back in?

How is a vehicle backing into a spot confusing? 

Just now, Blarg said:

How is a vehicle backing into a spot confusing? 

When you're expecting a car to park normally, but instead it stops, makes a three point turn, takes up the whole lane, then backs in.

Just now, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

If you’re confused seeing someone back in to a spot you should have your license revoked or at the very least not follow so closely so you know they can actually park in a parking lot. 

Taylor probably doesn't know how to parallel park. 

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

If you’re confused seeing someone back in to a spot you should have your license revoked or at the very least not follow so closely so you know they can actually park in a parking lot. 

Maybe the truck drivers in Colorado are just dumber. It wasn't as much of a problem in CA.

When you're expecting a car to park normally, but instead it stops, makes a three point turn, takes up the whole lane, then backs in.

I think you're just pissed off because you thought that spot was going to be your's then the reverse lights come on and spoil your day. 

I'm actually really good at it. It impresses my wife every time.

If you are doing it correctly it is the same principle. 

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I think you're just pissed off because you thought that spot was going to be your's then the reverse lights come on and spoil your day. 

*yours

15 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I prefer to back in as it’s easier to see when pulling out. Too many people drive through parking lots in a hurry and speed behind people pulling out rather than waiting.  

I really dislike pulling out! 

I always back in when I can. Especially on the west side of LA. Some of these parking lots are tiny, and backing out can be an adventure. I also back into my driveway. If you have cars parked on both sides of the street backing out can be a 6 point adventure.

22 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I always back in when I can. Especially on the west side of LA. Some of these parking lots are tiny, and backing out can be an adventure. I also back into my driveway. If you have cars parked on both sides of the street backing out can be a 6 point adventure.

Even in a crowded parking lot that other defenseless folks are trying to navigate?

26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Even in a crowded parking lot that other defenseless folks are trying to navigate?

Don't get what you are trying to say here.  You already saw what the foot traffic was like when you passed the spot.  It's not like someone is going to run and jump behind your car from a mile away.  

• Taylor changed the title to Folks who always back their car into a parking space