• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/7/24): Astros @ Angels: Canning on the mound, Tucker in LF

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, No Roles said:

if halos could just pay an albies contract  to Luis he say yes for sure!

just to fill you in albies has a 7 year 35 million contract ! cmon Perry make this happen with rengifo...

if halos could just pay an albies contract  to Luis he say yes for sure!

A $7M/year contract?  He's not going to take that.  He'll get more than that next year in arbitration before he even hits free agency.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

A $7M/year contract?  He's not going to take that.  He'll get more than that next year in arbitration before he even hits free agency.

but I said give rengifo the years....and albies has a better career so far so it's fair !

Just now, No Roles said:

just to fill you in albies has a 7 year 35 million contract ! cmon Perry make this happen with rengifo...

It's 7 for 35, but he's making $7M/yr now and the Braves have 2 team options also at $7M/year.  There's no way Rengifo would take a $7M/yr extension, so he certainly wouldn't take a 7-year, $35M deal.

Just now, No Roles said:

but I said give rengifo the years....and albies has a better career so far so it's fair !

The Braves signed Albies to that extension after his 2nd season, so it's not really comparable.  And, again, Rengifo is making $4.4M this year, and will greatly increase that next year through arbitration--so, no, he's not going to take an Albies-like deal.

2 minutes ago, No Roles said:

sorry I didn't know rengifo was all of sudden worth way more? 

i'd like to think rengifo would be happy with like 7 year 40 million especially when he wouldn't probably live up to that?

Do you not understand how arbitration and free agency work?  And how Albies' deal isn't a good comparison, given when it was signed?

Umps are really determining the way close games turn because of  really bad calls. Not even talking about the close ones. All it takes is one call in a critical situation. 

Makes you cynical about their competence and/or  integrity. 

Can't ask for more from Canning. Let down by an out of position left fielder. And then Strickland implodes after that bad call.  

good job by Logan looking down on the UMP....I wanted him to do that when he missed the pitch but he had his chance ! that's just what this year is  about; learning respect for the game and sticking up for ourselves !