• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/5/24): Padres @ Angels: Soriano on the mound, Pillar in CF

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

How many AB does Rengifo need to qualify for BA title?

It's plate appearances, not ABs.  You need 502 plate appearances (assuming the Angels play all 162 games).  It's 3.1 plate appearances per team game in order to qualify.  Right now, he has 171 PAs, so he still needs 331 more by the end of the season.

Edited by jsnpritchett

3 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Now if only they'd have enough of Schanuel in the lead off spot. I know I have. 

Holy hell, get that guy out of there. 

Yeah he's nowhere near a leadoff hitter. He's not even getting on base via the walk anymore. 

Honestly, knowing that he doesn't have any pop and most of the balls off his bat are soft, I'm guessing that's why. 

Pitchers aren't afraid so they're just throwing strikes down the heart of the plate.

12 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The Schanuel of the exciting consecutive games on base to start a career is long gone. Kind of like Fletcher of the 26-game hitting streak. And he's really gone.

It was fun while it lasted. 

I'm still not sure there's a real alternative, though, if Schanuel doesn't work out. The minor league 1Bs are TERRIBLE.  This is one of the downsides to doing pitcher-heavy drafts and picking college position players who are allegedly ready for the majors: if you're wrong, you're screwed, because you have no depth coming up behind them in the minors.

That's one reason I wouldn't be shocked if the Angels took another college 1B (or someone who could easily convert) in their first few picks in the draft this year again. 

Looking optimistically for the sweep. The first real home momentum all year. They are overdue. Hopefully Soriano is in his good form tonight. After watching Skenes and Chapman I'm geared up for some power pitching. 

Chapman k's Ohtani on a 103 mph pitch. Then he gives up a run on singles And  he throws back to back pitches at 104 mph. Not bad for a 36 year old. 

Talk about an erratic pitcher. 

Just now, Torridd said:

But why keep running Paris out there?

They keep saying they don't feel that Stefanic is ready yet.  So what's the alternative to Paris?  Guillorme, or Tucker at 3B and Rengifo at 2B?  There's really no long-term benefit to playing either Tucker or Guillorme, so I can't really fault them for playing Paris if they're not going to bring up Stefanic. 

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

It's plate appearances, not ABs.  You need 502 plate appearances (assuming the Angels play all 162 games).  It's 3.1 plate appearances per team game in order to qualify.  Right now, he has 171 PAs, so he still needs 331 more by the end of the season.

He needs to make up 12 PA ATM...

3 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Now if only they'd have enough of Schanuel in the lead off spot. I know I have. 

Holy hell, get that guy out of there. 

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Yeah he's nowhere near a leadoff hitter. He's not even getting on base via the walk anymore. 

Honestly, knowing that he doesn't have any pop and most of the balls off his bat are soft, I'm guessing that's why. 

Pitchers aren't afraid so they're just throwing strikes down the heart of the plate.

Look Again Laurence Fishburne GIF by Leroy Patterson