• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Someone like Aaron Ashby and Garrett Mitchell since they’re loaded with OFers and Ashby’s shoulder injury could make his outlook murky. By that same token, Gavin Lux.

Interesting idea on Ashby and Mitchell, though I’m not sure Arte will be sold on acquiring guys who are injured.

Edited by BTH

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, I know. I just want to start moving out some of these fools before they all kill whatever value they once had...

All of a sudden, it isn’t early any more. We are fast closing in on a time when trades start to be made. Every deadline deal isn’t made the last week of July. Teams need help now, the Braves and Dodgers for sure. 

On 6/15/2024 at 2:12 AM, BTH said:

Interesting idea on Ashby and Mitchell, though I’m not sure Arte will be sold on acquiring guys who are injured.

I just don’t think Anderson has that much value even with how well he’s pitching. He was bad last year, peripherals aren’t great this year, an acquiring team could be stuck with a bad arm next year likelier than a good arm…that doesn’t mean he won’t generate interest and good offers, but I’m suspecting we’ll see more change-of-scenery, high risk/reward, ‘damaged’ goods types. Ashby could be fine, he could be Alex Meyer. Mitchell should rebound but Milwaukee doesn’t have a ton of playing time available, they’re ripe with young outfielders. And I believe both are back from their injuries and on rehab assignments, so it’s not like they’re getting guys unable to play. 

If Ashby or Mitchell emerge this year or next, makes it easier to consider dealing guys like Adell, Moniak, Sandoval or Canning next year IF they recoup some trade value. 

I’d like to pry Samuel Basallo away from Baltimore. I get Yordan Alvarez vibes, and he’s blocked at catcher and probably 1B given the number of prospects they have ahead of him. 

I just don’t think Anderson has that much value even with how well he’s pitching. He was bad last year, peripherals aren’t great this year, an acquiring team could be stuck with a bad arm next year likelier than a good arm…that doesn’t mean he won’t generate interest and good offers, but I’m suspecting we’ll see more change-of-scenery, high risk/reward, ‘damaged’ goods types. Ashby could be fine, he could be Alex Meyer. Mitchell should rebound but Milwaukee doesn’t have a ton of playing time available, they’re ripe with young outfielders. And I believe both are back from their injuries and on rehab assignments, so it’s not like they’re getting guys unable to play. 

If Ashby or Mitchell emerge this year or next, makes it easier to consider dealing guys like Adell, Moniak, Sandoval or Canning next year IF they recoup some trade value. 

I’d like to pry Samuel Basallo away from Baltimore. I get Yordan Alvarez vibes, and he’s blocked at catcher and probably 1B given the number of prospects they have ahead of him. 

I like Sammy also and he is just 20.

I hope whatever GM's Perry talks to only use bWAR...

Still think Sandoval is a good fit for Baltimore. Their GM Elias would be familiar with him from their Houston days when he was in scouting and minor league development. Perry has traded with Baltimore at least twice I think…Iglesias and Cobb.