• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

It would be Lux and other players from Dodgers.

That would make more sense.

The post I was quoting didn’t mention other players.

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/06/taylor-ward-drawing-trade-interest.html

Not sure what Perry means by "giant returns." He's not going to get "giant returns" on Ward, unless he means a 45 FV guy in the Giants system.

OK but the Angels always get criticized for lackluster returns and fans stomp their feet wanting more.

If Minasian is aiming a little higher and wants to try to do better, what is the compliant?

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Not sure what Perry means by "giant returns." He's not going to get "giant returns" on Ward, unless he means a 45 FV guy in the Giants system.

It should be pretty straightforward to get a 50 FV (top 100 guy) for Ward.

There aren’t a ton of controllable, above average outfielders available out there. And there’s a lot of demand.

11 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Would or should halos trade Jose Soriano as he would bring back a great package of young talent.

I would only trade guys with expiring contracts and guys that are going to get expensive in arbitration. Also Anderson as he is not in long range plans. Personally, i would not hesitate to trade Trout if someone is willing to take on all or most of his deal.

1 hour ago, greginpsca said:

I would only trade guys with expiring contracts and guys that are going to get expensive in arbitration. Also Anderson as he is not in long range plans. Personally, i would not hesitate to trade Trout if someone is willing to take on all or most of his deal.

Trout has a no trade contract.

23 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

That's a tough one only because he has had 2 TJ surgery so far so his elbow is  always in question.  How many control years does he have left ?

He's just over one year of service time now, so unless he were to make super-two status he's got five years of control still after this one.

I’d entertain offers for Soriano (honestly anyone except O’Hoppe) but no way am I actively shopping him.

The injury history is enough to at least consider moving him IMO if someone offers a haul, and a team like Baltimore certainly could offer a top hitting prospect and a couple low-level pitching prospects who have a high ceiling. Could go a long way to restocking the farm with other pieces traded off and some good drafts. 

That said, I love watching him pitch.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/13/sports/where-mlbs-top-trade-targets-may-end-up-at-the-deadline/

"Tyler Anderson, Angels SP

He’s putting together an outstanding season in the second year of a $40 million, three-year deal.

Best guess: Braves.

Other guesses: Orioles, Brewers, Dodgers.

Taylor Ward, Angels OF

KC is getting little out of the outfield, and now Hunter Renfroe is out.

Best guess: Royals.

Other guesses: Phillies, Giants, Dodgers."

On 6/12/2024 at 3:58 PM, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Gavin Lux really? yeah no

Why not?  Our 2B has been a black hole this season.  Lux, an OF like Vargas, a C, and maybe a SP like Knack.  They’d get Anderson and a reliever, Garcia or Moore.

On 6/13/2024 at 8:47 AM, Angelsjunky said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/06/taylor-ward-drawing-trade-interest.html

Do the Giants have a 45 FV guy who is also 6'7" & 280? Maybe that would be the "giant return".

6 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

https://nypost.com/2024/06/13/sports/where-mlbs-top-trade-targets-may-end-up-at-the-deadline/

"Tyler Anderson, Angels SP

He’s putting together an outstanding season in the second year of a $40 million, three-year deal.

Best guess: Braves.

Other guesses: Orioles, Brewers, Dodgers.

Taylor Ward, Angels OF

KC is getting little out of the outfield, and now Hunter Renfroe is out.

Best guess: Royals.

Other guesses: Phillies, Giants, Dodgers."

I’d hope they steer clear of KC, their farm is about as bad as ours.

I think Anderson to Milwaukee is a good fit. I’m not sold that they’ll get top prospects for Anderson, but rather young MLB-ready guys who are injured or need a change of scenery. Sort of like Moniak as a return, but a little safer. Someone like Aaron Ashby and Garrett Mitchell since they’re loaded with OFers and Ashby’s shoulder injury could make his outlook murky. By that same token, Gavin Lux.