• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

On 6/8/2024 at 10:53 AM, Vlad27Trout27 said:

We are finally starting to hear more rumors regarding our players. Thus I;ve included potnteial trade partners for our biggest trade pieces.

1.  Anderson;    

Padres: Most likely trade partner. In need of pitching, and good be in desperate mode

i.        Main trade target: Mazur and Pauley

ii.        Proposed trade: Anderson (5 mil) + Estevez for Mazur, Pauley, carson Montgomery

Cubs; similar to the padres, they are in need of pitching, and after a hot start to tne season, they have cooled down and there biggest need his a #3.

i.        Main target: Matt Shaw

ii.        Proposed trade: Anderson (5 Mil)+ Estrevez for Shaw, Murray, Sanders

2.   Ward

Rays; Rays are in a weird situation, they are currently in the wildcard race, with offensive needs. However, the rays have rarely bought at the deadline, this it will be interesting to see what they do. Ward seems like the perfect type of guy they go after, cheap control for 2 years, and a middle of the line-up at bat they need.

i.        Main target: Carson Williams

ii.        Proposed trade: Ward + Drury (if he gets hot) for Williams, Guerrero, Shelton Austin, Cooper Kinney

Phillies: Phillies are in need of  OF bat, and Wards also fits in perfectly with his cheap control.

i.          Main Target: Aiden Miller

ii.        Proposed trade: Ward, Strickland for Miller, Abel and Rincones Jr

Highly doubt Rays are in on Ward.  He gets more expensive as he's in arbitration and they usually trade their players away as they get more expensive unless they're a stud.  Pillar to the Rays is more likely. 

53 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Highly doubt Rays are in on Ward.  He gets more expensive as he's in arbitration and they usually trade their players away as they get more expensive unless they're a stud.  Pillar to the Rays is more likely. 

Yeah he seems the type of guy Tampa would be trading away.

Tyler Anderson makes sense for them, IMO. He’s “expensive” by their standards, but the amount is set (and the Halos could cover a portion or all of his salary), he seems the type of pitcher they find a way to maximize, and they’re light on depth/vets after all the injuries they had. 

Anderson and Moore/Estevez and cash probably gets you a decent package - but I’m also real leery dealing with Tampa. They rarely give up guys they regret. Taylor Walls could be a decent tertiary piece to give us UT IF coverage.

Edited by totdprods

On 6/6/2024 at 1:46 PM, T.G. said:

Regarding Ohtani... Ohtani publicly stated that he didn't want to be traded and wanted to try and win with this team. I think that gave Arte false hope that he would resign. 

Did Ohtani say that, or was it Ippei?

With Suarez starting tonight, could the Angels be showcasing him. Praying that he has a good start, and hoping someone will take him and send us a prospect in return. Nah, just wishful thinking on my part.

1 minute ago, greginpsca said:

With Suarez starting tonight, could the Angels be showcasing him. Praying that he has a good start, and hoping someone will take him and send us a prospect in return. Nah, just wishful thinking on my part.

I think the Angels like him more than the fanbase does.  I legit think his biggest problem may be between the ears, not a mental toughness thing, more a maturity issue.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think the Angels like him more than the fanbase does.  I legit think his biggest problem may be between the ears, not a mental toughness thing, more a maturity issue.

Plus being one of those pitchers who hasn’t adjusted to the pitch clock?

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

after tonight, i like him less.

8 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

What we didn't have any Scrub Pitchers that we could have sent to the Jay's? Man I really wanted him 

Eh. He only has one more year of control left, so it's not like he's going to help the Angels in any meaningful way, even if he turns things around. They probably just figured it wasn't worth several million dollars in salary between this year and next. 

12 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

What we didn't have any Scrub Pitchers that we could have sent to the Jay's? Man I really wanted him 

We are on opposite sides of the interest scale here.  I have almost no interest at all in Biggio.  He is 29 and hasn’t really been a good player since he was 24.  That’s five years of blah.  There isn’t any reason to think he is suddenly going to be good and the last thing the Angels need is a marginal player that isn’t young.

Edited by Dtwncbad

58 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

We are on opposite sides of the interest scale here.  I have almost no interest at all in Biggio.  He is 29 and hasn’t really been a good player since he was 24.  That’s five years of blah.  There isn’t any reason to think he is suddenly going to be good and the last thing the Angels need is a marginal player that isn’t young.

But we have Tucker taking up a Roster spot 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

But we have Tucker taking up a Roster spot 🤷‍♂️

I would agree the team has a number of players on the roster that don’t serve much purpose in terms of being part of the future.  But if you are going to replace one of them, it shouldn’t be for an equivalently irrelevant player.

If you want to change your diet to get healthy, you don’t replace your morning donut with a pop tart.