• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

1 minute ago, TananaBananas said:

I am fine with the plan to not trade players under contract in 2025.

WWBSD!!

Yep, better to hold on to them so they can continue to contribute to a non contending team and then ultimately trade them away for less than what they could have gotten at this deadline. Great strategy

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Imagine how frustrating it must be for Trout dealing with one injury after another and then realizing what team you play for if and when you are healthy enough to play. 

$30 million per year helps.

26 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Why do we continue putting 27,000 butts in stands even on Sunday? This team needs the fans to stay home until Arte sells the team.

There was maybe 11,000 in the stands last Sunday, if that. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There was maybe 11,000 in the stands last Sunday, if that. 

Hopefully this will lower the price on third party sites for this Sunday. I promised my kid a Mickey Mouse bobblehead and kids don’t forget anything. 

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he held out too long or asked too much. A lot of the deals that happened felt very akin to what the Angels could have/should have done…Lane Thomas, Yusei Kikuchi, Bryan De La Cruz, Amed Rosario, even Trevor Rogers and the bad one (Dylan Carlson) were almost carbon copies of what the Angels were shopping and which teams were involved. 

If holding is what they thought was best, then we better see a winning/.500 club here on out, some good performances from Lugo, Klassen, Aldegheri, maybe some MLB impact from Moore or Cortez, and Arte plunking down some reasonable (but not excessive or reactionary) money this winter. I still think they can be entering WC discussion late 2025.

Okay, I deleted the Trout/Rendon and CoVid post.

The question remains though.   How is it that two former superstar players on the same team get injured all the time over the past 4 years?

Past 3 2/3 seasons:

Trout averaging 72 games played 

Rendon averaging 47 games played 

Edited by Angel Oracle