• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

I can accept if Ward, Anderson, and Rengifo are still Angels in two hours. But Pillar, Garcia and Strickland? If that's the case, Perry really blew it. Those three really are "best offer we get, deal is done."

Me, expressing pre-emptive outrage.

I think in this market, where we are seeing what other teams are willing to pay, it would be negligence at best not to trade Rengifo, Ward and Anderson. Heads should roll and people should be fired if you’re a clear seller that fails to sell.

Just now, Second Base said:

I think in this market, where we are seeing what other teams are willing to pay, it would be negligence at best not to trade Rengifo, Ward and Anderson. Heads should roll and people should be fired if you’re a clear seller that fails to sell.

Starting Too Late GIF by CBS

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

I don't entirely disagree and want to see them all (and Canning) traded. But I'm just saying that it isn't total lost value if they aren't traded. 

My guess is that no one really wants Anderson all that much, or at least not enough to make a reasonable offer. With Rengifo, I'm guessing Perry is getting some good offers, but nothing overwhelming. Ward and Canning are probably getting single 35/40 FV offers.

Edited by Angelsjunky

My guess is that no one really wants Anderson all that much, or at least not enough to make a reasonable offer. With Rengifo, I'm guessing Perry is getting some good offers, but nothing overwhelming. Ward and Canning are probably getting single 35/40 FV offers.

Or he could just be waiting for the price to increase. 

Their contemporaries are yielding considerably more than what you’re describing. But even if it were true, you still have make those deals and get as much value as possible.

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Their contemporaries are yielding considerably more than what you’re describing. But even if it were true, you still have make those deals and get as much value as possible.

Exactly. We either have Tyler Anderson, who obviously doesn't make us a champion contender, or you have three lotto tickets who could in 3-5 seasons.