• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

14 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Still don't understand trading for Dylan Carlson.  The Angels seem to already have many "Dylan Carlson" type players.

It sounds like a pretty prototypical deadline return for a rental like Luis Garcia during a typical deadline. Usually a Dylan Carlson type player or a fringe A ball arm without much chance of sticking. Also basically a copy of the Moniak trade.

But once trades started happening the Angels wisely held off.

Edited by totdprods

My hot takes for the day:

1. Scott to the Os for Seth Johnson, Gillles, and Chace.

2. Crochet to the Dogs--> De Paula, Freeland, Morales, & Hurt 

3. Garcia to the Red Sox--> Dobbins & Brandon Walter 

4. Flaherty to the Indians-->  Cantllo & Messick 

5. Pillar  to the Royals--> Noah Cameron 

6. Anderson to the Twins--> Gabriel Gonzales, Doncon, & Morris 

Just now, Vlad27Trout27 said:

My hot takes for the day:

1. Scott to the Os for Seth Johnson, Gillles, and Chace.

2. Crochet to the Dogs--> De Paula, Freeland, Morales, & Hurt 

3. Garcia to the Red Sox--> Dobbins & Brandon Walter 

4. Flaherty to the Indians-->  Cantllo & Messick 

5. Pillar  to the Royals--> Noah Cameron 

6. Anderson to the Twins--> Gabriel Gonzales, Doncon, & Morris 

With that Twins deal we might have to take some salary back as they are crying poor. But if we did take back money then you could ask for better prospects. 

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

This is me right now. I'm on a plane to Nashville for a movie test screening for work, and was hoping to pass the time with lots of trade news--but nope! 

In all honesty, if the deals are for marginal AAAA type players, I'm OK with no deals.  I do appreciate that the Angels finally moved away from mediocrity this year.  The change is refreshing.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

In all honesty, if the deals are for marginal AAAA type players, I'm OK with no deals.  I do appreciate that the Angels finally moved away from mediocrity this year.  The change is refreshing.

I'd still rather have those types of guys as organizational depth beyond this year as opposed to keeping Garcia, Pillar, Strickland, etc around to burn off the rest of their contracts this year. 

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

With that Twins deal we might have to take some salary back as they are crying poor. But if we did take back money then you could ask for better prospects. 

Yup, meant to say that we're eating about 5 mil, and even than we're getting there #9,17 and 23 prospect per BA. Which is pretty good get.

Also should mention this, but Crochet signs a 4 year extension with the Dogs as-well, eats up the arbs years and he'll be set to be a free agent by his age 30 season. 

6 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:
I think we should take a shot and sign Brett Phillips as a pitcher and see what he can do. The worst-case scenario is that he and Moore can be our tank commanders in the bullpen, helping us secure that top pick in next year's draft!

Using the Ohtani rule, could you use him as a pinch runner and then use him out of the bullpen, or the other way around?  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Using the Ohtani rule, could you use him as a pinch runner and then use him out of the bullpen, or the other way around?  

Why stop there? Let's get him some reps in the outfield, give him starts at DH, let him start on the mound, and even close games. He could be the ultimate utility player and a true jack-of-all-trades! Who needs Ohtani when we can have Brett? The Ultimate Tank Commander! 

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The Marlins are smart enough to know when to sell.

Would you have taken the offer Cleveland made for Thomas for Ward? Clemmey, Tena and Ramirez Jr.?

I keep going back and forth. Clemmey would have been a great get and a good upside lefty to slot in with the Dana, Kent, Jordan, TGA wave…but I’m not as thrilled about the rest of the deal.

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Would you have taken the offer Cleveland made for Thomas for Ward? Clemmey, Tena and Ramirez Jr.?

I keep going back and forth. Clemmey would have been a great get and a good upside lefty to slot in with the Dana, Kent, Jordan, TGA wave…but I’m not as thrilled about the rest of the deal.

honestly, it just depends on whether you believe Ward can rebound. Personally, I see him as more of a .250-.270 hitter with a .330-.340 OBP who can hit around 20-25 home runs. He's under contract until 2026, so if he finishes the season strong, you might consider trading him in the offseason. But Clemmey also has a big upside, and a big risk, Tena looks more of UTL and Ramierez is struggling but still young. 

56 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:
I think we should take a shot and sign Brett Phillips as a pitcher and see what he can do. The worst-case scenario is that he and Moore can be our tank commanders in the bullpen, helping us secure that top pick in next year's draft!