• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

4 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

4 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

You just said AZ & SF..... 

Nashville Sc Help GIF by Major League Soccer

Nashville Sc Help GIF by Major League Soccer

No I asked if Ward could go to SF after Soler was traded. Minnesota because of help they need in OF. Arizona because of Walker injury. I'm listing teams that could be in play.

Every year we think prices are crazy inflated at the deadline then after a few years you look back and 90% of the prospects have flamed out and trading the player or not trading the player would have about the same impact. 
That being said, I’d prefer all the rumored players be dealt. 

8 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

It would be pretty funny if they kept everyone signed beyond this year under the guise of "competing" next year. 

Ever since they hired Ron I thought they’d be creeping back into the contention mix by second-half of ‘25, and then more seriously by 2026. Haven’t seen any real reason to doubt that this season, with the exception of Detmers cratering and Rendon and Trout being hurt again. 

They’ll badly need a vet SP, a vet bat, and probably two vet relievers this winter though.

Edited by totdprods

I bet the deal in place for García was to STL for Dylan Carlson, and it wasn’t going to move the needle enough for either team to feel like they had to pull the trigger. 

Saw something about STL being interested in Dylan Floro from the Nationals, who were also interested in Carlson. Garcia comps well with Floro.

Angels then saw the returns relievers were getting and decided they wanted to see if anyone topped that offer, and St. Louis was fine with it because they are indifferent about keeping Carlson either way and don’t want to eat into farm much for a marginal pen unfree that won’t make the season for them either way, but would be a nice add just in case.

7 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Bleacher Report Final predictions 

Ward and Anderson to the Padres for 

RHP Adam Mazur and RHP Bradgley Rodriguez 

Luis Rengifo to the Yanks for 

Oswald Peraza and RHP Zach Messinger

Yes with the Padres,

Hell no with the Yankees.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I bet the deal in place for García was to STL for Dylan Carlson, and it wasn’t going to move the needle enough for either team to feel like they had to pull the trigger. 

Saw something about STL being interested in Dylan Floro from the Nationals, who were also interested in Carlson. Garcia comps well with Floro.

Angels then saw the returns relievers were getting and decided they wanted to see if anyone topped that offer, and St. Louis was fine with it because they are indifferent about keeping Carlson either way and don’t want to eat into farm much for a marginal pen unfree that won’t make the season for them either way, but would be a nice add just in case.

Still don't understand trading for Dylan Carlson.  The Angels seem to already have many "Dylan Carlson" type players.

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Or Bowden was just wrong.

9 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Vaughan Grissom and Everson Pereira both seem like they’d be good and likely players to target. Rengifo for Grissom and a MLB-ready Boston SP feels possible, or Pereira and arms from NYY.

I mentioned yesterday, Ward and Lane Thomas have almost identical career numbers (it’s freaky) and while Ward is a couple years older (30 vs. 28) he also has an extra year of control, so they grade out to have almost the exact same value. They should be able to get at least one of Solometo, Harrington or Ashcraft as a headliner from a Pittsburgh deal, or one of Fitts, Perales or Gonzalez from BOS, or Hampton or Warren from NYY.

Edited by totdprods