• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

6 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

It's almost at the point to where the Angels would be stupid not to trade Anderson, Rengifo and Ward (maybe even Detmers). This team can completely revamp their farm system with these stupid returns. SELLERS MARKET!

That’s the freaking craziest package for a mediocre starter. Bloss might be as good as Kikuchi right now, just younger and cheaper. Then you throw Loperfido who should carve out a role as a big league regular, and then a wild card in Wagner. 

This is insane.

The team still needs pitching, and there could be a competition for TA. Potential contenders include the Orioles, Twins, Red Sox, Guardians, Braves, Mets, Pirates, Padres, and Dodgers (though we can probably rule them out and starters available;

1. Crochet.....I think the Dodgers might pull the plug on Crochet.

2. TA & Canniing,  Littell, and flaherty.

3. I don't think Skubal get moved. 

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

It's almost at the point to where the Angels would be stupid not to trade Anderson, Rengifo and Ward (maybe even Detmers). This team can completely revamp their farm system with these stupid returns. SELLERS MARKET!

Hard for me to disagree but I'd like to keep Rengifo unless the deal is just too damn good to pass up.

I think holding out is smart, but I can’t see the Angels making 5 trades tomorrow. Ward Garcia Anderson Rengifo and Pillar. The only one we know is getting traded is Garcia. I will be completely dumbfounded if they don’t trade 2 of the other 4. The sellers market is bonkers, not taking advantage of this with the #30 Farm in the league is just complete malpractice. They could legitimately restock their entire top 10. 

15 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

What a salary dump

That’s the Braves specialty, find a good player underutilized or underperforming on a relatively friendly contract and get them for next to nothing. Same thing they did with Raisel Iglesias. 

Could you imagine what the Angels could never get for Iglesias this deadline? Insane to even think of it.

My prediction for tomorrow:

Taylor Ward is traded to the Pirates for RHP Hunter Barco, RHP Patrick Reilly and 3B Charles McAdoo.

Luis Garcia to the Padres for RHP’s Henry Baez and Isaiah Lowe.

Tyler Anderson is traded to the Cardinals for OF Dylan Carlson and LHP Pete Hanson.

Luis Rengifo is traded to the Yankees for OF Everson Pereira, RHP Will Warren, RHP Zach Messinger.

Kevin Pillar is traded to the Orioles  for RHP Michael Forrett.

Edited by Second Base

33 minutes ago, Second Base said:

My prediction for tomorrow:

Taylor Ward is traded to the Pirates for RHP Hunter Barco, RHP Patrick Reilly and 3B Charles McAdoo.

Luis Garcia to the Padres for RHP’s Henry Baez and Isaiah Lowe.

Tyler Anderson is traded to the Cardinals for OF Dylan Carlson and LHP Pete Hanson.

Luis Rengifo is traded to the Yankees for OF Everson Pereira, RHP Will Warren, RHP Zach Messinger.

Kevin Pillar is traded to the Orioles  for RHP Michael Forrett.

Ward is going to Twins