• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

Also might be agreed to and done but waiting on physicals or just simply haven’t announced. Angels pitching staff is thin enough maybe they’re waiting to make sure they’ve got a certain corresponding roster move or travel set for whomever is gonna replace him on active roster.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm in the camp of not trading away Ward for peanuts. At the very least, he's a solid average player that isn't a total hole in the lineup. That has value. He obviously isn't the guy he was looking to be in the first half of 2022, but I think he's at least the guy he was last year. He's not a bad guy to have around for the next couple years as we see what sort of player Rada might become.

So with Ward, I would put him on the market with the base asking value commensurate with 2022-23, not 2024. If someone sees him in the same light and offers accordingly, trade him and "youth up." If not, keep him around.

For Rengifo I'd have to be somewhat blown away: either a 50+ FV guy, or a pair of 45 FV guys. 

If the Dodgers offered Joendry Vargas and Wrobleski, would that be enough to part with Rengifo for you?

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Is Garcia in an Angel uniform today?

You see it quite often at the deadline, guys giving hugs and handshakes and going down the tunnel mid-game. So even if it occurred today, the safe bet is yes.

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The Dodgers system currently doesn't have a lot. They have had some highly touted guys flame out to a degree.

They really have. I didn’t think about it until you brought it up, but Lux, Outman, Busch, Vargas….

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

They really have. I didn’t think about it until you brought it up, but Lux, Outman, Busch, Vargas….

The entire much hyped catching corps has too save for Dalton Rushing.  Even Keibert Ruiz has not come close to the hype.  Diego Cartaya is looking less and less like a sure thing and more and more like the next Jorge Alfaro.  The two guys you mentioned DePaula and Alex Freeman look promising, but a lot of their top ten are older guys.

5 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I’m very curious to see Paredes trade package to get a rough outline on what Rengifo could get. 

Still feel like to Boston for Grissom and Winckowski seems like it could be a decent framework. 

Saw ATL is interested in both and man, I really hope Perry doesn’t trade with them. Just as he’s done good with Philly trades he’s done awful with Atlanta trades. Almost like he’s setting himself up for a return job there once he loses the Anaheim gig. 

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

The entire much hyped catching corps has too save for Dalton Rushing.  Even Keibert Ruiz has not come close to the hype.  Diego Cartaya is looking less and less like a sure thing and more and more like the next Jorge Alfaro.  The two guys you mentioned DePaula and Alex Freeman look promising, but a lot of their top ten are older guys.

That’s why I wasn’t too upset dealing Quero. Catching prospects are so far from guaranteed.

36 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If the Dodgers offered Joendry Vargas and Wrobleski, would that be enough to part with Rengifo for you?

Sure, I'd take it. Vargas would instantly be top 2 or 3 in the system, Wrobleski and arm that could play on the major league team now. That's about the type of package that I would expect to get for Rengifo.