• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

Just now, tdawg87 said:

He said teams were scouting him. I believe he stated 3 teams but he can correct me if I'm wrong.

Obviously this has likely changed in some way. 

@Inside Pitch

If IP is hearing things then I can guess one of the teams that’s interested. 

Canning has a 4.36 ERA in his last 18 starts after a rough first three. Some of the supporting data isn’t great, but given his low price tag and control through next year I would think he’d still have a lot of value to mid/low budget teams holding down the back of the rotation. 

If the reporting is accurate, I’m a little surprised that we are that engaged on the “beyond 24” guys. I thought Arte would draw the line with Estévez and García and any other 24 guys. We’ll see. Still not sure we’ll pull the trigger on any others. 

I’m highly skeptical the Angels already have a deal in place for Garcia. Teams don’t just sit there for no reason when they are offered exactly what they want, and contenders don’t think “ok we like this guy but it’s ok, we don’t need him right now, maybe in a few weeks”.

They may have a couple offers they’re interested in, but I don’t think there’s some unofficial deal in place.

11 minutes ago, DMVol said:

If the reporting is accurate, I’m a little surprised that we are that engaged on the “beyond 24” guys. I thought Arte would draw the line with Estévez and García and any other 24 guys. We’ll see. Still not sure we’ll pull the trigger on any others. 

Relatively speaking, it’s not that hard to get an OF in free agency if you feel you need one in 2025.  Trading a guy like Ward really isn’t very risky.  You cash in on another team’s immediate need.

59 minutes ago, BTH said:

What did IP post?

He was being scouted by a few teams, one of them had been worried the velocity fluctuations but liked whatever was showing up in their algorithms. I think the game he left with an elbow irritation may mean ppl are out on him, but I haven't followed up.

I'm in the camp of not trading away Ward for peanuts. At the very least, he's a solid average player that isn't a total hole in the lineup. That has value. He obviously isn't the guy he was looking to be in the first half of 2022, but I think he's at least the guy he was last year. He's not a bad guy to have around for the next couple years as we see what sort of player Rada might become.

So with Ward, I would put him on the market with the base asking value commensurate with 2022-23, not 2024. If someone sees him in the same light and offers accordingly, trade him and "youth up." If not, keep him around.

For Rengifo I'd have to be somewhat blown away: either a 50+ FV guy, or a pair of 45 FV guys. 

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

“The Angels have a deal in place that they like for reliever Luis Garcia.”

If you have a deal you like, then make the deal.  What are you waiting for?

I think I read that they were waiting on a counteroffer from another team. Probably not that unusual.

45 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I’m highly skeptical the Angels already have a deal in place for Garcia. Teams don’t just sit there for no reason when they are offered exactly what they want, and contenders don’t think “ok we like this guy but it’s ok, we don’t need him right now, maybe in a few weeks”.

They may have a couple offers they’re interested in, but I don’t think there’s some unofficial deal in place.

Garcia is going to Arizona soon

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

It could get a lot of Dodgers

There was a report somewhere in this thread that the angels aren’t helping the dodgers in any capacity. Which I wholeheartedly believe that’s something Arte gave Perry as his sole instruction for the trade deadline 

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

“The Angels have a deal in place that they like for reliever Luis Garcia.”

If you have a deal you like, then make the deal.  What are you waiting for?

Because maybe they’re negotiating with another team about another player they’re selling and don’t want to lose leverage on the prospects they want.

Maybe they’re gonna get a good OF prospect for Garcia, but also want a good OF prospect for Anderson and that team will be less willing to include if the Angels are already getting another OF for Garcia.

Edited by totdprods