• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

14 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

While even being fully rested he still sucks..

You asked who else could start. I was just answering that, not commenting on the quality of his performance. If/when Anderson gets traded, we're gonna see a lot of starts from guys like Daniel and Rosenberg, so get used to it. 

28 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I do not think Anderson is the top starter on contenders list. Wait and see where others starters go. Best offer will come on Tuesday. Same with Rengifo and Ward teams missing out on others will come calling. If you do not get what u want keep them and try in off season.

The 4.44 FIP could be a bit of a concern.

He has improved that the past 3 starts.

Hard to overlook a solid 1.15 WHIP and of course the 2.91 ERA.

Two seasons in the past 3, his ERA and WHIP have been solid.

Has 2023 become the outlier now?

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

The 4.44 FIP could be a bit of a concern.

He has improved that the past 3 starts.

Hard to overlook a solid 1.15 WHIP and of course the 2.91 ERA.

Two seasons in the past 3, his ERA and WHIP have been solid.

Has 2023 become the outlier now?

I think there are too many arms ahead of Anderson on the wish list that teams are working through. Eflin was one of them. 

The contenders with deep farms are going to keep exploring Skubal and Crochet (though he looks less likely now). Flaherty's pitching as well as Anderson is with metrics to back it up, but as a rental, should cost less/similar to Anderson. Toronto has said they're inclined to hold onto Bassitt and Gausman now, but I imagine they'll still get some calls. Snell is on the market. Texas has said they're buying, but probably have the depth and arms returning from the IL they can consider shopping an arm.

Eflin was just moved - he was very similar to Anderson in value I feel. Fedde and Kikuchi are right there alongside them, and arguably better buys than Anderson. They're cheaper or have less money committed and their numbers are as strong, with better metrics supporting.

• Anderson: 20 GS, 123.2 IP, 2.91 ERA, 4.44 FIP, 1.15 WHIP, $13m owed in '25
  • Fedde: 20 GS, 117.2 IP, 2.98 ERA, 3.68 FIP, 1.11 WHIP, $7.5m owed in '25
  • Kikuchi: 22 GS, 115.2 IP, 4.75 ERA, 3.64 FIP, 1.34 WHIP, free agent
  • Quantrill: 21 GS, 114.1 IP, 4.09 ERA, 4.68 FIP, 1.34 WHIP, arb-eligible
  • Snell: 9 GS, 41.2 IP, 5.83 ERA, 3.94 FIP, 1.37 WHIP, $30m player option in '25

Could be available...

• Detmers: 12 GS, 63 IP, 6.14 ERA, 4.37 WHIP, 1.48 WHIP, arb-eligible
  • Bassitt: 21 GS, 119 IP, 3.78 ERA, 3.90 FIP, 1.41 WHIP, $22m owed in '25
  • Gausman: 20 GS, 110.2 IP, 4.55 ERA, 3.92 FIP, 1.30 WHIP, $23m owed in each '25 and '26
  • Heaney: 21 G/20 GS, 105 IP, 3.77 ERA, 3.88 FIP, 1.26 WHIP, free agent
  • Gray: 20 G/17 GS, 94 IP, 3.73 ERA, 3.32 FIP, 1.26 WHIP, $13m in '25
  • Lorenzen: 17 GS, 97 IP, 3.53 ERA, 5.09 FIP, 1.24 WHIP, free agent
  • Eovaldi: 18 GS, 106 IP, 3.31 ERA, 3.78 FIP, 1.04 WHIP, free agent

It's just a very congested market for guys like Anderson. There are plenty of suitors so I absolutely could see him being moved still, but if the offers aren't very strong, given the Angels rotation needs next year, it would not surprise me if we held him. Detmers might honestly be likelier to be traded, as I could absolutely see a team like St. Louis or Baltimore or Tampa or Milwaukee risking a good young bat for his upside and control.

45 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

You asked who else could start. I was just answering that, not commenting on the quality of his performance. If/when Anderson gets traded, we're gonna see a lot of starts from guys like Daniel and Rosenberg, so get used to it. 

Unless we trade for an MLB ready prospect.

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Unless we trade for an MLB ready prospect.

I think that may be one thing that could jumble how much we sell. I think the Angels are going to want to get MLB-ready back so they don’t completely throw in the towel on competing next year. If they get an IF for Estevez, then maybe it’s now easier to move Ward to Rengifo to LAD for a SP, which makes it easier to move Anderson to Milwaukee for an OF, and now you can move Ward…so on. Pretty hard to pull off a sequence like that, but I imagine it is something they’d hope to do so they can just plug in new, cheap MLB-ready youngsters for who they dealt.

Edited by totdprods

Some teams are being aggressive in buying, but only with bold teams that are aggressive in selling or at least retooling.

The Angels and Perry so far appear to be on the outside looking in. Ward, Rengifo, Anderson, Estevez, Garcia, Moore, Strickland….they all need to be dealt.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I think there are too many arms ahead of Anderson on the wish list that teams are working through. Eflin was one of them. 

The contenders with deep farms are going to keep exploring Skubal and Crochet (though he looks less likely now). Flaherty's pitching as well as Anderson is with metrics to back it up, but as a rental, should cost less/similar to Anderson. Toronto has said they're inclined to hold onto Bassitt and Gausman now, but I imagine they'll still get some calls. Snell is on the market. Texas has said they're buying, but probably have the depth and arms returning from the IL they can consider shopping an arm.

Eflin was just moved - he was very similar to Anderson in value I feel. Fedde and Kikuchi are right there alongside them, and arguably better buys than Anderson. They're cheaper or have less money committed and their numbers are as strong, with better metrics supporting.

• Anderson: 20 GS, 123.2 IP, 2.91 ERA, 4.44 FIP, 1.15 WHIP, $13m owed in '25
  • Fedde: 20 GS, 117.2 IP, 2.98 ERA, 3.68 FIP, 1.11 WHIP, $7.5m owed in '25
  • Kikuchi: 22 GS, 115.2 IP, 4.75 ERA, 3.64 FIP, 1.34 WHIP, free agent
  • Quantrill: 21 GS, 114.1 IP, 4.09 ERA, 4.68 FIP, 1.34 WHIP, arb-eligible
  • Snell: 9 GS, 41.2 IP, 5.83 ERA, 3.94 FIP, 1.37 WHIP, $30m player option in '25

Could be available...

• Detmers: 12 GS, 63 IP, 6.14 ERA, 4.37 WHIP, 1.48 WHIP, arb-eligible
  • Bassitt: 21 GS, 119 IP, 3.78 ERA, 3.90 FIP, 1.41 WHIP, $22m owed in '25
  • Gausman: 20 GS, 110.2 IP, 4.55 ERA, 3.92 FIP, 1.30 WHIP, $23m owed in each '25 and '26
  • Heaney: 21 G/20 GS, 105 IP, 3.77 ERA, 3.88 FIP, 1.26 WHIP, free agent
  • Gray: 20 G/17 GS, 94 IP, 3.73 ERA, 3.32 FIP, 1.26 WHIP, $13m in '25
  • Lorenzen: 17 GS, 97 IP, 3.53 ERA, 5.09 FIP, 1.24 WHIP, free agent
  • Eovaldi: 18 GS, 106 IP, 3.31 ERA, 3.78 FIP, 1.04 WHIP, free agent

It's just a very congested market for guys like Anderson. There are plenty of suitors so I absolutely could see him being moved still, but if the offers aren't very strong, given the Angels rotation needs next year, it would not surprise me if we held him. Detmers might honestly be likelier to be traded, as I could absolutely see a team like St. Louis or Baltimore or Tampa or Milwaukee risking a good young bat for his upside and control.

Texas isn’t trading their guys, so that eliminates 4 names.

Toronto doesn’t want to trade their guys with control, so that eliminates two more names.

16 minutes ago, BTH said:

Texas isn’t trading their guys, so that eliminates 4 names.

Toronto doesn’t want to trade their guys with control, so that eliminates two more names.

Tis the season for posturing. It makes plenty of sense for both of these teams to still listen on these guys. And if I were a buying team I would be inclined to call of these guys more than I would the first group.

Edited by totdprods