• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

54 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Ehhh don’t want to use those many bullets in one deal, nor do I think Baltimore would part with that much talent for that trio, but yeah that’s a sweet deal.

IMG_9163.jpeg

Go big or go home this year. Got to capitalize on contending teams injury woes. 

I think at the very least you have to try to get a Povich or McDermott type arm back for Tyler Anderson or you hold on to him. 

Probably better to split these deals up in 1-1 type deals to different teams, but hot damn the O's have a bunch of good young talent. 

Kierstad (#22 overall prospect) has AS potential and a much needed lefty bat and RF arm.    Maybe include Adell instead of Ward to balance out the deal?

McDermott does have control issues and is 25 already.   Does K a lot of batters.

Povich struggled until this season.   Big K guy like McDermott with fewer walks, a year younger

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Kierstad (#22 overall prospect) has AS potential and a much needed lefty bat and RF arm.    Maybe include Adell instead of Ward to balance out the deal?

McDermott does have control issues and is 25 already.   Does K a lot of batters.

Povich struggled until this season.   Big K guy like McDermott with fewer walks, a year younger

Kjerstad will be 26 when the season starts next season. 

McDermott throws really hard and while his control has been an issue, he's been much better after some mechanical changes this past month or so. 

If the O's won't part with Kjerstad, I'd look at Dylan Beavers. 

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Kjerstad will be 26 when the season starts next season. 

McDermott throws really hard and while his control has been an issue, he's been much better after some mechanical changes this past month or so. 

If the O's won't part with Kjerstad, I'd look at Dylan Beavers. 

Beavers is just 22, and a lefty bat with speed and XBH skills albeit not a HR kind of guy currently.

Posted (edited)

I’ll echo what I said in the draft thread too, but, the Angels’ farm is so devoid of talent that just about anyone they acquire is going to be a good get. That doesn’t mean we should settle, but even getting guys who don’t project to be top prospects or All-Stars, especially for guys like Tyler Anderson, are still good deals. Just tempering expectations some.

That’s why I floated something like Aaron Ashby and Garrett Mitchell for Anderson. Neither are prospects anymore really. Both have some injury concerns. But both have potential to be long-terms pieces still, and might be more realistic gets in a deal than a true top prospect for someone like Anderson. Kinda like a souped up Nolasco for Alex Meyer.

Edited by totdprods

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’ll echo what I said in the draft thread too, but, the Angels’ farm is so devoid of talent that just about anyone they acquire is going to be a good get. That doesn’t mean we should settle, but even getting guys who don’t project to be top prospects or All-Stars, especially for guys like Tyler Anderson, are still good deals. Just tempering expectations some.

Yep, I've said the same thing.  Obviously, aim as high as you can, but getting something is better than nothing, even if it's just depth.  If they try to get cute and hold out on trading these guys, yet are left holding them, I'm gonna scream.

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Go big or go home this year. Got to capitalize on contending teams injury woes. 

I think at the very least you have to try to get a Povich or McDermott type arm back for Tyler Anderson or you hold on to him. 

Probably better to split these deals up in 1-1 type deals to different teams, but hot damn the O's have a bunch of good young talent. 

Then you shouldn’t try to take a shit deal if you are trying to capitalize on contending teams. 

This team is just comically bad. Reid Detmers is looking more and more like a bust. Not saying he can't turn it around, but his performance is getting worse each year - not a good sign for a 24-year old:

2022: 3.77 ERA

2023: 4.48 ERA

2024: 6.14 ERA

I mean, how is that even possible for a pitcher with his arsenal?

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

This team is just comically bad. Reid Detmers is looking more and more like a bust. Not saying he can't turn it around, but his performance is getting worse each year - not a good sign for a 24-year old:

Happy Mtv GIF by INTO ACTION

40 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

He was demoted to AAA

32 minutes ago, mmc said:

Why would the White Sox trade him? Makes no sense as he should be the leader of what could be a young staff that's part of their rebuild. 

8 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Why would the White Sox trade him? Makes no sense as he should be the leader of what could be a young staff that's part of their rebuild. 

Because they are a truly terrible team with a mediocre-at-best farm system.  He's controllable through 2026, so at best, they'd maybe be back on track by his last year of control.  In theory, trading him for multiple prospects with more years of control would have more of a long-term impact than keeping him would.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Because they are a truly terrible team with a mediocre-at-best farm system.  He's controllable through 2026, so at best, they'd maybe be back on track by his last year of control.  In theory, trading him for multiple prospects with more years of control would have more of a long-term impact than keeping him would.

Ah, I thought he had more years of control beyond just this season and two others. Forgot he was used as a reliever for two seasons and then missed an entire other season due to injury.