• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

16 minutes ago, Chuck said:

If Arte gives Perry full authority to deal anyone not named O'Hoppe, Neto and Schanuel and our GM shits the bed, he should be fired a day after the trade deadline. 

100% buddy.  We should be using this time to start a full rebuild. Our farm is trash and needs help.

37 minutes ago, Chuck said:

If Arte gives Perry full authority to deal anyone not named O'Hoppe, Neto and Schanuel and our GM shits the bed, he should be fired a day after the trade deadline. 

But that's a Big If but would we ever know if Arte did or not 🤔

39 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Perry wanted to trade Ohtani 2.5 years ago but Arte blocked him 

48 minutes ago, Chuck said:

The last 2 GM has always had their hands tied cause of Arte. I would never dare blame a GM besides jerry dipoto while Arte is the owner 

6 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd say the baseline of what the Angels players are worth is something like this:

50 FV: Rengifo

45+: Anderson

45: Estevez (maybe higher)

40+: Strickland, Garcia, Ward

40: Pillar, Guillorme, Moore

35/no trade value: Calhoun, Drury

Estevez is a guy that some team might over-pay on, so hopefully Perry can get a 45+ guy for him, maybe even 50.

I’d say:

Ward: 45+
Rengifo/Anderson: 45
Estévez: 40+
García/Strickland: 40
Pillar: 35+

Rest you mentioned probably have no value.

Edited by BTH

7 hours ago, samwum said:

Hey man. I appreciate your opinion. I love Gifo. 

All of these topics you mentioned could or likely do arguably sway for Arozarena. 

• Gifo plays shitty defense at premium defensive positions. 2B, 3B, SS defense matters. Having a shitty defensive LF is pretty standard. Playoff teams know that you lose playoff games when a guy boots a grounder or can't turn a quick double play.
  • Rengifo is a switch hitter but he's probably more a platoon threat than Arozarena. They both smash left handed pitching equally well. Arozarena has a better track record against righties.
  • Speed is basically the same. Arozarena has been a 20-30 SB guy for a long time. Rengifo is pacing for like 30-35 after not doing fuck all on the bases previous. Neither's Rickey Henderson
  • Stats go for Gifo the last 70 games yeah, and then they go for Arozarena their entire careers prior. Peripherals are pretty much even. You want the guy who has overachieved so far in 2024, or underachieved so far in 2024? Ultimate brain teaser for Minasian

Just going to re-post so people don't get caught up in this dumbassery

• Both have multiple years of team control left 
  • Both have unimpressive statcast peripherals, although currently Gifo is overperforming, and Arozarena is underperforming
  • Both dominate LHP, but sometimes struggle against RHP
  • Both have good, not great, speed
  • Both have had ups and downs with plate discipline (although Rengifo's is likely worse)
  • Both are rate negatively in the field (although Rengifo offers versatility)
  • Both usually pace for 2-3.5 WAR but don't have superstar potential 

Yes, but you'll notice the chatter is "teams need a 3B/2B and love Rengifo's versatility." Nobody is dropping out of the race because he is a below average fielder. They are looking at the bat, not the glove (Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox). And his bat has been way better. 

He's been a true switch hitter minus some power. He's hitting .290 in 4x the number of ABs against RHP. He strikes out less often against RHP. Arozarena has been awful vs. RHP this year, and much worse for his whole career (OPS .170 lower, AVG 44 points lower). 

Rengifo is working on his 3rd very solid season in a row. Right now, he's a much better player and plays a much more valuable position. And he's a year younger. I will absolutely acknowledge Arozarena has been better for the last several years. 

I guarantee you right now Rengifo has more value than Arozarena. And Ward should too, but he won't bring in as much because of the name.