• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

Getting Seattle’s #10 prospect (and a decent though unranked minor league catcher) for two months of Yimi García is a good sign for Estevez and Garcia and perhaps even Strickland, Pillar, even Moore or Drury.

That’s not far from what we’d get for Luis Garcia I think. 

Also I think Eflin is somewhat comparable to what we may get for Anderson, a best-case at least. Baltimore paid up their #10, #17 and an unranked AA OF who is hitting well for Eflin.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Also I think Eflin is somewhat comparable to what we may get for Anderson, a best-case at least. Baltimore paid up their #10, #17 and an unranked AA OF who is hitting well for Eflin.

It seems like this might be a salary dump by the Rays. If true, they cleared $18 million while also acquiring two good prospects and a wildcard AA player who is showing good numbers.

To get the most value out of Anderson, I think Arte might need to eat at least $5 million of the $13 million owed for next year. This could potentially get us at least one 45 FV and two 40 FV prospects, with the hope that a team might bite and offer us a 50 FV.

It going to be a seller market, honesty I would not be surprised if we get a deal done for Ward, but I also won't mind holding him. 

Esteves is going to get us an 45 fv prospect and maybe even a 40fv

Strickland and Garcia we may need to package with one of the two names mentioned above to get the best return.  

25 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

I can’t imagine Drury is worth anything more than a yearly subscription to YouTube TV

On his own, no, definitely not, but if the Halos were eating his salary and a team had a need for some infield depth, I could see him being paired with a vet reliever and maybe you get a prospect marginally better than the one you would’ve gotten just for the reliever.

Atlanta, San Diego, NYY…could see them wanting to have him on the bench if it wasn’t costing them money. No risk.

Edited by totdprods

I'd say the baseline of what the Angels players are worth is something like this:

50 FV: Rengifo

45+: Anderson

45: Estevez (maybe higher)

40+: Strickland, Garcia, Ward

40: Pillar, Guillorme, Moore

35/no trade value: Calhoun, Drury

Estevez is a guy that some team might over-pay on, so hopefully Perry can get a 45+ guy for him, maybe even 50.

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd say the baseline of what the Angels players are worth is something like this:

50 FV: Rengifo

45+: Anderson

45: Estevez (maybe higher)

40+: Strickland, Garcia, Ward

40: Pillar, Guillorme, Moore

35/no trade value: Calhoun, Drury

Estevez is a guy that some team might over-pay on, so hopefully Perry can get a 45+ guy for him, maybe even 50.

I think the metrics and control Ward possesses boosts him up a tier but otherwise agree.

Detmers? Adell?

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think the metrics and control Ward possesses boosts him up a tier but otherwise agree.

Detmers? Adell?

You might be right about Ward, but he's slumping at the wrong time, which will make a lot of teams gun-shy. I wouldn't let go of him for less than a 45 guy, maybe even 45+. He's a useful player to have around.

Trading Detmers would be selling way low - bad idea. I might trade him for a 50 FV, but no less - and might require 55 FV. His peripherals still point to a #2-3 guy and he's too young to panic on. Not sure what Perry is thinking, but I'm guessing there are lots of teams that would love to have him.

Adell is hard to value. I'm guessing he would get the Angels a 45 FV guy, but not much more. There might be one or two GMs who become enamored with his athleticism and physique and offer a bit more. I'd probably let him go for a 45+ FV guy. I mean, he might need a change of scenery and different/better coaching.

My fear:

August 1: "We had a few deals lined up for Anderson, Estevez and Ward, but decided we like our team going forward and hope to extend Estevez. When we were offered a 45 FV prospect for Rengifo, we couldn't say no. We feel that Christian Moore is ready for the majors right now." ~ Perry Minasian

Edited by Angelsjunky

35 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

My fear:

August 1: "We had a few deals lined up for Anderson, Estevez and Ward, but decided we like our team going forward and hope to extend Estevez. When we were offered a 45 FV prospect for Rengifo, we couldn't say no. We feel that Christian Moore is ready for the majors right now." ~ Perry Minasian

Oof

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

The deadline is Wednesday. Plenty of time for teams to get desperate. 

If Perry is actively seeking teams to trade players to then he's a fucking idiot. 

Tuesday