• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

3 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Possibly if the Angels are the wild card No but Baltimore are legit 100% contenders who can spare a top 100 prospect without a blink of a eye

This! Teams like Baltimore or even the Brewers have prospects to throw for an all in trade. No much else out on the market either besides maybe Finnegan from WAS? 

As much as I think Anderson should be traded, I wouldn’t lose my mind if we kept him. Dude is eating innings and giving this young staff a mentor to watch every 5 days on the mound that takes care of his business.

I think we as fans have this fantasy that our entire team has to be on the exact same timeline (age wise) up and down the roster. Every one has to be 24-25, everyone has to be in their primes… that’s just not baseball. It’s a collection of 25 dudes that you HOPE can all come together and get hot at the right time. Anderson is providing us with what we have been begging the FO for the last what 5-7 years in FA. A decent rotation piece that can eat innings. He wasn’t great last year but not the worst, he’s been very good this year. And next year he’ll probably be somewhere in between. All for what $13mill a year? I’d say that’s a win. 

if a team blows Perry away with a top 100 prospect plus some stuff then awesome. If not fk it either trade him in the off-season or keep him going into next year knowing you have some type of continuity in the rotation on opening day. Because outside of Soriano who is a sure thing for next year??? Canning? Andddd that’s it…. Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to have TA holding down a spot 

17 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

As much as I think Anderson should be traded, I wouldn’t lose my mind if we kept him. Dude is eating innings and giving this young staff a mentor to watch every 5 days on the mound that takes care of his business.

I think we as fans have this fantasy that our entire team has to be on the exact same timeline (age wise) up and down the roster. Every one has to be 24-25, everyone has to be in their primes… that’s just not baseball. It’s a collection of 25 dudes that you HOPE can all come together and get hot at the right time. Anderson is providing us with what we have been begging the FO for the last what 5-7 years in FA. A decent rotation piece that can eat innings. He wasn’t great last year but not the worst, he’s been very good this year. And next year he’ll probably be somewhere in between. All for what $13mill a year? I’d say that’s a win. 

if a team blows Perry away with a top 100 prospect plus some stuff then awesome. If not fk it either trade him in the off-season or keep him going into next year knowing you have some type of continuity in the rotation on opening day. Because outside of Soriano who is a sure thing for next year??? Canning? Andddd that’s it…. Wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to have TA holding down a spot 

And I think if Anderson is pitching to a sub-4.00 ERA next summer, he can probably be dealt in July for a return not terribly different from what he’d bring back now. There is enough iffiness about his numbers, enough similar starters also available (Fedde, Kikuchi, Eflin, Quantrill), and enough money a team *could* be on the hook for that all of that could be negated if he’s at 3.50 ERA next year this time and proven over all of ‘24 and half of ‘25 that the current production isn’t a total mirage.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Will Minasian be afraid to trade, after screwing up totally a year ago? 

I think the only way he can keep his job here at this point is if he pulls off a really good sale.

Holding isn’t going to guarantee him much success unless he somehow thinks they will still compete this year and play well enough to give Perry another year. Not saying that’s impossible…but that’s a much bigger gamble than selling off what he can and having folks internal and external declare what he did a success, especially since it seems the talking heads and the fans all seem to think selling isn’t just a good idea, but an overdue and necessary one. The bar seems pretty low even as to what success looks like if they sell. 

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I think the only way he can keep his job here at this point is if he pulls off a really good sale.

Holding isn’t going to guarantee him much success unless he somehow thinks they will still compete this year and play well enough to give Perry another year. Not saying that’s impossible…but that’s a much bigger gamble than selling off what he can and having folks internal and external declare what he did a success, especially since it seems the talking heads and the fans all seem to think selling isn’t just a good idea, but a needed one.

How can he pull off a really good sell if Arte does not allow him to do so ? 

10 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

How can he pull off a really good sell if Arte does not allow him to do so ? 

I think he still can if Arte only lets him move say Estevez, any expiring vet relievers, Pillar and then maybe one of Anderson, Rengifo, Ward, or Detmers.

We’ll obviously have a much better return and haul if we sell the controlled guys, but so long as he hits right on the expiring vets - which I think even Arte would allow - it can still be considered a good sell, even if they should’ve gone further.

I have a little more faith in the Angels being competitive in 2025 than some, so I will admit part of me will not be too upset if they decided to hold the controlled guys and try again next year. 

I think the demand will be high enough and supply low enough that the Angels should trade Ward and Rengifo. There just aren’t enough available bats this deadline. 

I also think who you open up who you deal based on who you’re getting back - which could make it a bit of a wild 24-48 hours unless Perry gets some crazy offers soon. If Estevez or Anderson look like they’ll get you an MLB-ready infielder or outfielder, then I think you can start shopping Ward or Rengifo much more seriously. If they are going to land you a couple young SPs, now you can shop Detmers for another bat. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I believe that as well. 

It's fair. The infield market is uhh...there isn't one. And Rengifo covers basically every position. 

He's the only guy I hope we can keep. 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

...though now that I'm looking at it, De Los Santos is having a monster year and is only 21.

Trade value site has Detmers way above Puk, fwiw. Puk around 8 and Detmers at 23. Puk return at 10.5 value.