• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

2 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

From Jeff Passan

Screenshot_20240723_080919_Samsung Internet.jpg

Detmers to St. Louis for one of their young bats could be intriguing and he has Cardinal written all over him. 

I’m at the point where I hope they sell aggressively. Only keep the controlled guys if the offers back are shit. Which gives me optimism, because I assume if Ward, Rengifo, Anderson, Detmers, even Adell or Moniak are dealt, it’s going to be for a good return because if not, why bother dealing them?

Plus this is probably Perry’s last shot at keeping his job (or getting calls for another one) is executing a strong deadline.

We should be extending Rengifo, he’s a great every day utility man that can hit for power. We should not be giving that away unless someone blows us away with an offer of 2 top 100 prospects OR a young cost controlled pitcher plus scraps. Rengifo, Moore and Neto would make for a fun and exciting infield next year 

15 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I do too, but it really worries me that Arte or someone else could try and botch it. History has proved that we love to do that.

With Arte you really have to hope the team just keeps losing until the trade deadline. Any type of winning streak ahead of the deadline and he may hold for next year. 

That's how baseball dumb he is. He doesn't see the big picture or have a longview of this franchise. 

1 minute ago, Ochocinco! said:

We should be extending Rengifo, he’s a great every day utility man that can hit for power. We should not be giving that away unless someone blows us away with an offer of 2 top 100 prospects OR a young cost controlled pitcher plus scraps. Rengifo, Moore and Neto would make for a fun and exciting infield next year 

yep. Offer him an extension. If the Rengifo camp isn't interested and wants to explore FA after next season then you have to deal him NOW ahead of the deadline. 

That said, of all of the players mentioned to be available he's the one I want to keep the most. I'd love for him to pair up with our young core going forward. 

4 minutes ago, Chuck said:

With Arte you really have to hope the team just keeps losing until the trade deadline. Any type of winning streak ahead of the deadline and he may hold for next year. 

That's how baseball dumb he is. He doesn't see the big picture or have a longview of this franchise. 

And that's exactly what i'm afraid of. His idea of always having a shot when the team is eons away from competing against other AL West teams

1 minute ago, Chuck said:

yep. Offer him an extension. If the Rengifo camp isn't interested and wants to explore FA after next season then you have to deal him NOW ahead of the deadline. 

That said, of all of the players mentioned to be available he's the one I want to keep the most. I'd love for him to pair up with our young core going forward. 

Maybe this is where i'm at emotionally with this organization, but i'd sell everyone not named Neto, O'Hoppe, Joyce and (maybe) Trout.
Tear the whole thing down for 2-3 years and build it back.

10 minutes ago, Chuck said:

sweep of the mariners incoming 

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I'm actually okay with moving him too

I think you have to hang on to him tbh. He's really come on after a slow start and he's showing that he can club 15-20 HR's a year now and possibly more down the road. 

The Angels just don't have any position players down on the farm to replace him with and I don't think you'd get enough in return for him in a deal. 

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

And that's exactly what i'm afraid of. His idea of always having a shot when the team is eons away from competing against other AL West teams

I’m not that pessimistic. I think this team could be competitive in 2025. They’ve been at/above .500 since June 1st and the division has no clear cut favorite anymore or in the foreseeable future. 

The big concerns going forward or where we find SP depth, if Trout and Rendon can ever stay on the field, and how the young bullpen takes shape.

Aside from that, this year, the youngsters have been good a majority of the season now. Neto and Schanuel are close to having .800 OPS after each having a rough first couple weeks in April. O’Hoppe has been good all year. Adell started great, had a rough couple months, but is ticking back. Moniak’s second half of his season has now been almost a total 180° from his first (.400ish OPS to nearing .800 OPS if you split his 80 games in half). Rengifo has been great. Ward has had issues but started great. 

A 2025 lineup of O’Hoppe, Schanuel, Rengifo, Neto, Rendon, Ward, Trout with Moniak, Guillorme, Thaiss, maybe even Calhoun on the bench is not a bad start.

The rotation? If they keep Anderson, you’ve got Anderson, Soriano and Canning as sure things. Canning had an awful first 3 starts and his most recent was bad. His other 16 starts? Totally reasonable 4.06 ERA. Detmers’ metrics indicate he was closer to a 4.00-4.50 ERA guy. Those four right should at least be able to prop up the offense if healthy. 

Bullpen will be a big question because so much of it hits FA, but the youngsters in AA offer some hope. 

The big thing will be health and depth. The Angels this year simply didn’t have the depth to withstand Trout and Rendon going down or the youngsters initial month of struggles. The pen wasn’t deep and needed a couple months to stabilize. The rotation was awful in April but took shape after - and is now crumbling with Sandoval hurt, Detmers struggling - the depth just isn’t there.

Personally, I want them to sell - and think they will. But if they kept Anderson, Ward and Rengifo, if the kids keep this pace and guys like Cortez and Moore and Dana move to impact the 2025 team…I could see them being just fine next year, but they’ll need at least one SP, a couple relievers, and a bat again in FA. I know that sounds more of the same, but I’m more confident in our offensive core and their floor across all positions than I’ve felt in a very long time.

Edited by totdprods

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I’m not that pessimistic. I think this team could be competitive in 2025. They’ve been at/above .500 since June 1st and the division has no clear cut favorite anymore or in the foreseeable future. 

The big concerns going forward or where we find SP depth, if Trout and Rendon can ever stay on the field, and how the young bullpen takes shape.

Aside from that, this year, the youngsters have been good a majority of the season now. Neto and Schanuel are close to having .800 OPS after each having a rough first couple weeks in April. O’Hoppe has been good all year. Adell started great, had a rough couple months, but is ticking back. Moniak’s second half of his season has now been almost a total 180° from his first (.400ish OPS to nearing .800 OPS if you split his 80 games in half). Rengifo has been great. Ward has had issues but started great. 

A 2025 lineup of O’Hoppe, Schanuel, Rengifo, Neto, Rendon, Ward, Trout with Moniak, Guillorme, Thaiss, maybe even Calhoun on the bench is not a bad start.

The rotation? If they keep Anderson, you’ve got Anderson, Soriano and Canning as sure things. Canning had an awful first 3 starts and his most recent was bad. His other 16 starts? Totally reasonable 4.06 ERA. Detmers’ metrics indicate he was closer to a 4.00-4.50 ERA guy. Those four right should at least be able to prop up the offense if healthy. 

Bullpen will be a big question because so much of it hits FA, but the youngsters in AA offer some hope. 

The big thing will be health and depth. The Angels this year simply didn’t have the depth to withstand Trout and Rendon going down or the youngsters initial month of struggles. The pen wasn’t deep and needed a couple months to stabilize. The rotation was awful in April but took shape after - and is now crumbling with Sandoval hurt, Detmers struggling - the depth just isn’t there.

Personally, I want them to sell - and think they will. But if they kept Anderson, Ward and Rengifo, if the kids keep this pace and guys like Cortez and Moore and Dana move to impact the 2025 team…I could see them being just fine next year, but they’ll need at least one SP, a couple relievers, and a bat again in FA. I know that sounds more of the same, but I’m more confident in our offensive core and their floor across all positions than I’ve felt in a very long time.

You left off halo HR and RBI leader this year. 

Mariners lose Crawford and J-Rod to IL and you’d have to think Jerry would love to one of his former draft picks in Ward over in Seattle. Rengifo fits them so well too. They’re in desperate need of offense, there aren’t many impact bats available, they have a tendency to risk overpaying in trades…they have to be a little desperate to try and make the playoffs and go deep this year with how well their rotation has been. 

Edited by totdprods

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

I think you have to hang on to him tbh. He's really come on after a slow start and he's showing that he can club 15-20 HR's a year now and possibly more down the road. 

The Angels just don't have any position players down on the farm to replace him with and I don't think you'd get enough in return for him in a deal. 

You wouldn't trade him in a deal for Vlad Jr.?

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

You wouldn't trade him in a deal for Vlad Jr.?

Not with just 1.4 years of control for Vlad Jr. and 5.4 years of control for Schanuel.   Plus Vlad Jr. is just a decent to solid hitter the past 2-3 years.

Need Schanuel’s LH hitting.   Already have plenty of RHH’s.

Edited by Angel Oracle