• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I was big on luring Burnes here, but I think being in Baltimore is way too good of a situation for him to pass up. He knows that and new ownership knows that. Once they traded for him my hopes of him being signed here evaporated.

I think Vlad Jr. is an interesting idea to discuss but agree that it just doesn’t quite line up. If he had maybe one more year of control, or the Angels farm was a little deeper, or there was a clearer need at 1B, or the Blue Jays had some bad money to pawn off…then I’d think maybe there was a little more to look at, but I just can’t see it. Signing him when he’s a FA? Absolutely could see that happening. 

i agree 1000% about burnes (remember, i was playing devil's advocate). there's no chance that he leaves the success of baltimore to sign with the chaos of anaheim. 

as for vlad, it's an interest idea. maybe it makes more sense to focus on him in free agency than it is to trade for him. 

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I was big on luring Burnes here, but I think being in Baltimore is way too good of a situation for him to pass up. He knows that and new ownership knows that. Once they traded for him my hopes of him being signed here evaporated.

I think Vlad Jr. is an interesting idea to discuss but agree that it just doesn’t quite line up. If he had maybe one more year of control, or the Angels farm was a little deeper, or there was a clearer need at 1B, or the Blue Jays had some bad money to pawn off…then I’d think maybe there was a little more to look at, but I just can’t see it. Signing him when he’s a FA? Absolutely could see that happening. 

Not to mention the O’s have a small payroll, and thus can afford having one big contract on their payroll for ace pitching.

After last night , I think every one of our starts should be traded or non tendered. Anderson and Soriano have some value. Perry did pull in our best player through trade. Let’s see if he can do it again.  Oh ya let’s get Ward and Drury gone as well need to get our new #1 pick in some games it’s the way we roll. No need for more than a month in minors. 

Soriano I like a lot but 2 Tj’ surgeries already. We are now repeating the same thing over and over with Detmers, Canning . I now believe they are who they are. (Insanity)Let’s freakin rebuild. Next year starters potentially available. Tell some of them are no worse than what we have. No need to keep Anderson to mentor the staff. Clean slate. Payroll not an issue bullpen will be built from within next year. What I see.

Just an idea.

Potential free agents 
Starting pitcher: Gerrit Cole (opt-out), Blake Snell (opt-out), Justin Verlander (vesting option), Max Scherzer, Corbin Burnes, Clayton Kershaw (player option), Max Fried, Shane Bieber, Jordan Montgomery (vesting option), Walker Buehler, Nathan Eovaldi (vesting option), Robbie Ray (opt-out), Alex Cobb, Kyle Hendricks, Charlie Morton, Freddy Peralta (club option), Merrill Kelly (club option), Lucas Giolito (player option), Sean Manaea (opt-out), Michael Wacha (player option), Wade Miley (mutual option), Michael Lorenzen, Lance Lynn (club option), Kyle Gibson (club option), Luis Severino, Frankie Montas (mutual option), James Paxton, Jack Flaherty, Yusei Kikuchi, Patrick Corbin, Anthony DeSclafani, Nick Pivetta, Martín Pérez, Domingo Germán, Marco Gonzales (club option), Andrew Heaney, Eric Lauer, John Means, Zach Plesac, José Quintana, Michael Soroka, Ross Stripling, Spencer Turnbull, Luke Weaver, Alex Wood

18 hours ago, Stradling said:

I was trying to create conversation and I’d like to bring in a young veteran to go along with this young core. I personally disagree that it would cost Detmers along with Rada or Schanuel and if it does then I’d pass. 

It would be a fire Minasian trade, Jr has no team control. Starting conversation from the children's table is not really anything to brag about. You buy Vlad Jr next year, if he would sign. Which he probably won't. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It would be a fire Minasian trade, Jr has no team control. Starting conversation from the children's table is not really anything to brag about. You buy Vlad Jr next year, if he would sign. Which he probably won't. 

Ok blarg.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

At the very earliest, 2026 contention for last WC spot, but looking more likely to be 2027.

I could see a path to being competitive in 2026, and sneaking into a wildcard spot could happen.

First, sell-sell-sell this deadline. Get back as much talent as possible with the focus on 2027 and beyond. I'd chose talent over the timeline though. If they won't be ready til 28 but have huge upside, I'd make that deal.

Let 2025 be a year for development, be smart (and cheap) in your FA signings with an emphasis on being able to flip them at the deadline again, hope that some of the young pitchers step up and fill out the BP.

In 2026-

O'Hoppe, Neto, Schanuel, and Adell continue to develop, with 2 of the 4 being borderline All Stars and the other 2 quality regulars.

Trout is a veteran presence at DH and LF, stays reasonably healthy and plays 120 games. Not elite anymore, but healthier and reasonably productive.

Moore debuts in 2025 and joins the other young core players in holding his own.

I don't know is on 3rd, hopefully someone who plays solid defense and isn't a blackhole offensively.

A couple outfielders are acquired via trade or FA with Rada knocking on the door.

Bench depth comes from trades, FA, and/or the farm.

The rotation takes shape around Soriano, who continues to develop and is a borderline #1.

Dana debuts in the 2nd half of 2025 and is a strong contributor.

A solid FA is signed going into 26 that settles in as an above average #3. 

Whoever is left and healthy/productive of Detmers, Silseth, Canning, Kochanowicz, Daniel, maybe a returning Sandoval, fill out the rest of the rotation depth. Some of the other recent draftees are pushing for opportunities by then as well.

The bullpen is anchored by Joyce and Bachman and filled out with a FA or two as well as kids from the farm (I'm dreaming big here, my confidence in this part is lower than the rest).

If things go well, that's a team that could win 85-ish games.

Some big ifs though (and let's not forget it's the Angels we are discussing, history says more will go wrong than right).  But if you squint, a decent group could be coming together.

I think 2025 is “nothing to lose year” with 2026 being the year we should be shooting for. I am most concerned with the OF situation. It’s not very good for the next few years. When Trout comes back, who isn’t playing every day? It should be Adell but will probably be Moniak. If Perry is smart, he’ll find someone that values Wards solid contact/chase/patience metrics, trade him, and let Moniak and Adell play every day the rest of the year. Trade Pillar and bring up Adams (no tender candidate) or Teodosio. See what sticks after this year. 

It’s possible Moore is the RF of the future, with Trout in LF. Rada will eventually take CF but is it Moniak holding on? Adell? 

I hope they let Ward go and see what ‘25 and ‘26 will look like for us. 

30 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I think 2025 is “nothing to lose year” with 2026 being the year we should be shooting for. I am most concerned with the OF situation. It’s not very good for the next few years. When Trout comes back, who isn’t playing every day? It should be Adell but will probably be Moniak. If Perry is smart, he’ll find someone that values Wards solid contact/chase/patience metrics, trade him, and let Moniak and Adell play every day the rest of the year. Trade Pillar and bring up Adams (no tender candidate) or Teodosio. See what sticks after this year. 

It’s possible Moore is the RF of the future, with Trout in LF. Rada will eventually take CF but is it Moniak holding on? Adell? 

I hope they let Ward go and see what ‘25 and ‘26 will look like for us. 

Does Moore have enough arm for RF?

Scouts are talking about LF.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Washington will turn Moore into a 2nd baseman, where he belongs or he is a bust pick. The Angels specifically drafted for position at 8th. To push him out of the infield sets the team back. 

How much further back can they go. Halos just signed Johnny Cueto and he will be in rotation soon with Zack Plesac and Jose Suarez.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

How much further back can they go. Halos just signed Johnny Cueto and he will be in rotation soon with Zack Plesac and Jose Suarez.

So you don’t want a rebuild?

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So you don’t want a rebuild?

Rebuild is what this team needs. Talking about 3 to 4 years from being a contender. Angels do not have many assets to trade to get much back. Will see what happens at deadline. Have a GM who might not be here next year so who knows what direction Angels taking. Right now going into 2025 looks very bleak with pitching staff. If Anderson (he should be) is traded only have Soriano as starter and in BP Joyce. Position players halos to me have 4 decent young players so many holes to fill in 2025. We all know by not trading Ohtani is what really set this team back. The positive side the growth of O'Hoppe, Neto and even Schanuel shows some sign of hope. 

19 hours ago, Ochocinco! said:

I think it’s clear no free agent wants to come here. Can we give up on that pipe dream of a FA saving our franchise.

Let's not overlook the fact that free agents have indeed signed with the Angels, including Anderson, Rendon, Wilson, Pujols, Drury, Stephson, and Hamilton. The real issue isn't attracting free agents; it's that Arte Moreno and the management have struggled to get the best out of these players once they're here. This is where things need to change.