• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If they wait to trade Estevez it is because the market hasn’t developed yet.  

Have 3 weeks till deadline. Last day is always the busiest. Perry has player many will want and maybe more will want on the 31st.

10 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Have 3 weeks till deadline. Last day is always the busiest. Perry has player many will want and maybe more will want on the 31st.

Eh, Estevez’ value can’t get any higher after the month he’s had, and there’s no shortage of suitors now, so I would try to pull the trigger sooner rather than later before he slumps or teams move on. I could see him being dealt within the next few days for sure.

27 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If they wait to trade Estevez it is because the market hasn’t developed yet.  

That's possible. Perry could also be making a timing error. We don't know. 

I do find it odd more teams don't trade earlier. I'd rather get the pitcher now than in two weeks if I was a GM. 

2 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

That's possible. Perry could also be making a timing error. We don't know. 

I do find it odd more teams don't trade earlier. I'd rather get the pitcher now than in two weeks if I was a GM. 

There’s a reason more teams aren’t trading earlier.  The only way it makes sense to sell early is if the team meets your asking price. The only reason you buy early is if you can get a good deal before other teams drive up the price. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

There’s a reason more teams aren’t trading earlier.  The only way it makes sense to sell early is if the team meets your asking price. The only reason you buy early is if you can get a good deal before other teams drive up the price. 

Urgency would be a big factor. Dodgers might need a SP immediately. 

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Who are we kidding Arte will not deal with Dodgers.

Well, the Rengifo/Ward deal was in place. Arte’s impatience may have had less to do with it being the Dodgers and more to do with Arte just being Arte. With the young guys the Dodgers have, farm and otherwise, they make a lot of sense for some combination of Anderson, Estevez and maybe Rengifo. 

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Well, the Rengifo/Ward deal was in place. Arte’s impatience may have had less to do with it being the Dodgers and more to do with Arte just being Arte. With the young guys the Dodgers have, farm and otherwise, they make a lot of sense for some combination of Anderson, Estevez and maybe Rengifo. 

I agree Dodgers match up well and would be willing to offer more. I believe that Arte at his age will keep Ward, Rengifo and Anderson. With Neto, O'Hoppe and Schanuel looking like decent players. Add Ward, Rengifo plus healthy Rendon and Trout that is 7 position players. Arte might say let's add in off season. Unless he is going to sell why would he at his age do a rebuild. Fans really do not know what Arte is thinking or what will happen at deadline. We will find out end of this month.

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I agree Dodgers match up well and would be willing to offer more. I believe that Arte at his age will keep Ward, Rengifo and Anderson. With Neto, O'Hoppe and Schanuel looking like decent players. Add Ward, Rengifo plus healthy Rendon and Trout that is 7 position players. Arte might say let's add in off season. Unless he is going to sell why would he at his age do a rebuild. Fans really do not know what Arte is thinking or what will happen at deadline. We will find out end of this month.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

53 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

It definitely shoots down the "we're still playing for 25" narrative, if true....If true, it also would leave us pretty thin in the OF....Moniak and Adell aren't lighting it up and you have to wonder whether Trout needs to be in the field every day.

After this dismal losing 8 of 9 stretch.. after winning 6 straight. I've moved from the cautiously optimistic maybe they can compete soon into the time to trade everyone of value camp...

Ward probably brings back the most. If he is indeed shipped to the Pirates, that's discussed in another thread..

Rengifo if he returns after the All-Star Break should bring back good value. This article discusses in depth possible teams who would be suitors. https://lastwordonsports.com/baseball/2024/07/03/luis-rengifo-trade-options-angels/

Dodgers get 2B/3B Luis Rengifo
Angels get C Diego Cartaya (LAD #7 prospect), RHP Payton Martin (LAD #9), OF Eduardo Quintero (LAD #19)

The Dodgers trade they list here is great, but I'd swap Gelof for Quintero..and if they would do that I'd be thrilled. 

Anderson is going to be in demand. The BTV guys are not high on him, but his return will be much greater than they think. They think they could get Kumar Rocker back if the Angels paid down some salary, but I think that is a pretty fair swap without any pay down. 

Estevez will bring back a good return.

Garcia, Moore, Pillar, Drury, Strickland, Cimber... anyone on an expiring contact should move. 

I'd move off of Canning too if someone gave me a legit prospect back.

If you look at the Brandon Marsh for O'Hoppe trade, or even the Maldonado for Sandoval trade, that's the kind of trade these need to be. The Moniak / Sanchez trade for Syndergaard was underwhelming. We don't need that kind of stuff. 

Edited by Hubs

5 minutes ago, Hubs said:

....The Moniak / Sanchez trade for Syndergaard was underwhelming. We don't need that kind of stuff. 

Actually, it was a pretty good deal.  Syndergaard was done and, though I have doubts about whether he's going to be a good player long term, Moniak has shown flashes of why he was an elite prospect when he was drafted....We don't know if Perry turned down a better deal for Syndergaard but you have to think Moniak was about the best he could do.  The kind of deal you want to avoid was the Iglesias for Tucker Davidson trade.  We got nothing but salary relief out of that....Iglesias was and still is a very good closer.