• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

5 minutes ago, ScottM said:

If true, the front office has no idea what they are doing and no plan:

"unless they receive overwhelming offers, the Angles likely will hang onto starters Tyler Anderson (who gave up 3 hits in 8 shutout innings Saturday against the Cubs) and Griffin Canning, and outfielder Taylor Ward, who still are under team control through at least 2025."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2024/07/07/carlos-correa-minnesota-twins-mlb-rumors/74319188007/ 

(Nightengale + misspelling of Angels so grain of salt)

I believe it we have the worst owner in all of baseball . I think  Perry would want to trade Anderson it would be Arte who blocks him

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

To be fair, Ward’s recent slump and injuries and Rengifo’s injuries probably dinged their trade value enough to make them closer to sell-low than sell-high, and I’ve never believed Anderson had great potential for a really good return. Canning has underperformed and Sandoval’s injury makes it harder to part with him, especially with Detmers’ struggles and Soriano’s likely eventual innings limit.

I wish they could do a solid rebuild and sell this deadline but I kinda agree that *as of today* the return might not be worth what affect it would have to the 2025 team’s depth or slim contention chances. 

I’m not advocating keeping Anderson - deal him if you get a good offer, and I think they will - but I’m also not convinced he’s generating enough true interest to justify the loss to the 2025 rotation depth. If they draft a college arm of deal Rengifo for an arm or someone like Davis, Silseth, or Bachman can start rattling off solid starts that maybe changes and it’s easier to deal Anderson for essentially anything useful.

Edited by totdprods

They're not going to say anything else. Why would Perry say "Yeah these guys are totally available and we will trade them for basically anything!"

While it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do anything, this is just common procedure. Imagine being one of those players and hearing that. 

26 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I doubt Moreno would ever be a seller, especially now with Rengifo and ward banged up.

I am afraid that if the Angels get a little hot and are within 8 games by July 31,  the delusional Moreno might actually buy.

If that's the case Perry needs to quit on the spot and just walk out 

They aren’t going to buy. They’ve bought one time in the last decade and that was last year when they were 1/2 of one game out of a wild card spot. That failed.  The “worry rage” of something like that happening is pretty dumb. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

They aren’t going to buy. They’ve bought one time in the last decade and that was last year when they were 1/2 of one game out of a wild card spot. That failed.  The “worry rage” of something like that happening is pretty dumb. 

Upton at the Sept 1st deadline in 2017 was kind of a buy….I guess…

24 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Upton at the Sept 1st deadline in 2017 was kind of a buy….I guess…

Good point. Just a hunch they were close. I remember Eppler saying the team deserved to be upgraded by their good August. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Didn't they acquire Brandon Phillips too?

Dang I miss the excitement of the trade deadline hoping we add that final piece. 

We saw the fat good it did a year ago, while trading away their top two prospects at the time, and of course both have excelled so far in AA in 2024.

And compounded it by acquiring Gopher Ball Giolito, and further compounded it by not considering making Lopez a starter before letting him go.

Good job Minasian, good job

Does anyone trust him to get enough value for Anderson?

IMG_0705.png

Edited by Angel Oracle

My point is that Arte is too prideful to sell. They should. And I’m sorry but Ward, Rengifo, and Anderson would net you a good haul. Look at the history of the deadline. Above average players on cheap contracts for at least 1.5 years are very valuable. They are all net positive players. Some teams have big holes at 3B, 2B, OF and the rotation.  

38 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

We saw the fat good it did a year ago, while trading away their top two prospects at the time, and of course both have excelled so far in AA in 2024.

And compounded it by acquiring Gopher Ball Giolito, and further compounded it by not considering making Lopez a starter before letting him go.

Good job Minasian, good job

Does anyone trust him to get enough value for Anderson?

IMG_0705.png

The difference is most here correctly didn't want angels to add last year. 

I was excited when we got Upton and Phillips. 

Working in the Halos favor is the hitter market is really thin, so even with Ward and Rengifo’s varying injuries and struggles there might be enough demand with their control that the Angels have to accept a good offer. 

Getting Rendon and hopefully Trout back also maybe helps the org part with them, seeing as how they’d have some “names” back in the line-up for draw.

53 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

At minimum Estevez should be gone by end of next week. O’s and Diamondbacks especially need bullpen help badly. He will have a new home by the deadline. I’d guess he brings back a teams top 15 prospect and maybe an additional top 30 prospect. 

I think Perry waits until deadline.

16 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

He shouldn't. Estevez stock is sky high. Imagine he has back to back melt down games. Plus a team would rather have him a few more weeks and thus might give up a bit more now. Do it Perry 

Depends on offer, more teams will see where they on July 29, 30, and 31.