• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lucas Giolito got 38.5 mil for two years last season.  Anderson's contract is a plus, not a minus.

Did you like contract last year? Walk rate up Ks down many teams in contention on tight budgets will shy away. Only time will tell what Angels will get for him. 

26 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Did you like contract last year? Walk rate up Ks down many teams in contention on tight budgets will shy away. Only time will tell what Angels will get for him. 

No, but I loved his contract in 2022.  Neither of those years has any impact on this season or moving forward.

You're pissing at the wind.

22 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

How much do you think they would be ask to pay down?

At least half and if team like Baltimore offers a top prospect. I would pay most of it. Like buying a FA with years of control> I would gamble 12 to 15 mill (that is including salary this year). Again depends of prospect you are trying to get.

57 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

No, but I loved his contract in 2022.  Neither of those years has any impact on this season or moving forward.

You're pissing at the wind.

Again, we will see what happens at deadline and hope Anderson has some good outings till then. Anderson going to new team could be like halos trading for Giolito last year.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Anderson likely has 5-6 starts remaining before July 31.   Just get the control back, without giving up big hits.

I may be wrong but I’d bet Perry moves him well before the 31st, assuming the offers are reasonable. Don’t want to wait too long in case of injury or ineffectiveness….🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, DMVol said:

I may be wrong but I’d bet Perry moves him well before the 31st, assuming the offers are reasonable. Don’t want to wait too long in case of injury or ineffectiveness….🤷‍♂️

Same reason teams will wait, seeing where they are in standings. 

19 hours ago, DMVol said:

Teams that will benefit from a player on their roster then will get *more* benefit if they trade sooner.  The only reason to wait is if a team is trying to decide if they're close enough to contend (the Angels last year being a cautionary tale in that regard) and the price may go up if more teams get involved.  

Funny thing now is most of the trade proposals I'm seeing regarding the Angels say something like "The Angels farm sucks, so you won't need to trade any top prospects, just give them 2 career minor-leaguers and a batboy to be named later"

1 hour ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Teams that will benefit from a player on their roster then will get *more* benefit if they trade sooner.  The only reason to wait is if a team is trying to decide if they're close enough to contend (the Angels last year being a cautionary tale in that regard) and the price may go up if more teams get involved.  

Funny thing now is most of the trade proposals I'm seeing regarding the Angels say something like "The Angels farm sucks, so you won't need to trade any top prospects, just give them 2 career minor-leaguers and a batboy to be named later"

More teams involved the higher the return. So you trade him now if a team matches your asking price. 

57 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Rengifo for Everson Pereira would this be something Perry would do?

is it something the Angels should do?

I believe he's out for the rest of the year with an injury, and he has major strikeout issues.

Pereira is the type of lottery ticket prospect I'd target for a rental reliever. If I'm trading Rengifo, I'd like to get more certainty.

1 hour ago, BTH said:

is it something the Angels should do?

I believe he's out for the rest of the year with an injury, and he has major strikeout issues.

Pereira is the type of lottery ticket prospect I'd target for a rental reliever. If I'm trading Rengifo, I'd like to get more certainty.

II just saw that as trade on bleacher report.

I've been off this thread, but I am extremely skeptical that Perry will do the right thing and trade Ward, Anderson, and possibly Rengifo if the right deal comes along. We are really playing to surprise in 2025 and fight in 2026. We are not making win-now sacrifices for next year. But I don't think Perry, Arte, and Carpino are willing to do that. I know they will move Estevez and try to move Garcia, Moore, Cimber, and Strickland possibly. Drury, I guess. They absolutely should move 30 year-old Ward and 34 year-old Anderson. Even Rengifo is 27 and only has 1 more year of control. The right thing to do is cash out on all these guys and hope you can land 3-4 guys that have a chance to be ML contributors. I just feel like on Aug 1st we're going to be on this board wondering why we still have Luis Garcia, Matt Moore, Ward, and Anderson. They serve no purpose and I just really don't trust Perry to convince Arte to do the right thing. 

Hope I'm wrong. 

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

No surprise here. 

Have to wait and see if Ward has any problem with the knee before he's in that conversation.  Pillar would make some sense (I know we discussed this earlier) if the Braves aren't inclined to make a bigger move. 

If true, the front office has no idea what they are doing and no plan:

"unless they receive overwhelming offers, the Angles likely will hang onto starters Tyler Anderson (who gave up 3 hits in 8 shutout innings Saturday against the Cubs) and Griffin Canning, and outfielder Taylor Ward, who still are under team control through at least 2025."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2024/07/07/carlos-correa-minnesota-twins-mlb-rumors/74319188007/ 

(Nightengale + misspelling of Angels so grain of salt)