• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official (2024) Los Angeles Angels Trade Deadline Thread

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You know this how?  How do you know he thinks they can contend? 

If Arte believes there's a chance and makes the right moves, we could be on the right path. There are multiple ways to build a team: the Orioles have done it through the draft, while the Phillies have used smart trades and free agency. I think we can start building a contender slowly because I see similarities between the 2019/2020 Phillies and this team.

I believe the young core of Schanuel, Neto, and O'Hoppe gives us a solid path to contention. The emergence of Soriano provides us with a promising young pitcher who could develop into a solid #2, and at worst a #3. Adding Dana could also give us a reliable #2 or #3 in the rotation. If we spend wisely in free agency and acquire another starter to slot in front of Soriano, we'll have a strong foundation. We just need to continue building carefully and strategically.

It's not going to be overnight shift, but a slow process if we make the right moves. 

27 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Would you have taken the offer Cleveland made for Thomas for Ward? Clemmey, Tena and Ramirez Jr.?

I keep going back and forth. Clemmey would have been a great get and a good upside lefty to slot in with the Dana, Kent, Jordan, TGA wave…but I’m not as thrilled about the rest of the deal.

Haven’t looked.

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

If Arte believes there's a chance and makes the right moves, we could be on the right path. There are multiple ways to build a team: the Orioles have done it through the draft, while the Phillies have used smart trades and free agency. I think we can start building a contender slowly because I see similarities between the 2019/2020 Phillies and this team.

I believe the young core of Schanuel, Neto, and O'Hoppe gives us a solid path to contention. The emergence of Soriano provides us with a promising young pitcher who could develop into a solid #2, and at worst a #3. Adding Dana could also give us a reliable #2 or #3 in the rotation. If we spend wisely in free agency and acquire another starter to slot in front of Soriano, we'll have a strong foundation. We just need to continue building carefully and strategically.

It's not going to be overnight shift, but a slow process if we make the right moves. 

I think if they keep Ward, Rengifo and Anderson they might break .500 next year. Not sure that’s good enough to compete or justify keeping those guys…but I think they’re in better shape than a lot of people give them credit for.

Also, only Arte knows what Arte will spend this winter. That could go either way.

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think if they keep Ward, Rengifo and Anderson they might break .500 next year. Not sure that’s good enough to compete or justify keeping those guys…but I think they’re in better shape than a lot of people give them credit for.

Also, only Arte knows what Arte will spend this winter. That could go either way.

Still wonder if Ballys issue has scared him on spending.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

The answer will always be pitching, and Arte has often failed to grasp this. If he finally accepts that pitching is key, and if we keep Ward and Rengifo while selling high on Anderson, we could definitely be headed in the right direction.

Offensively, the emergence of the young core I mentioned earlier provides a solid group to build around. Playoff teams typically build around three main offensive players, and I believe Schanuel, Neto, and O'Hoppe can be those guys for us.

Our focus needs to be on pitching and developing prospect depth. While I would really like to see TA get moved, and even Ward if the deal is right, I still think Rengifo is young enough to fit our window, and I'm willing to keep him.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I wouldn't really say it has been "resolved."  Just another temporary patch, really.

Well if he’s still scared of spending, makes even more sense he’d allow Rengifo, Ward and Anderson to be traded. Save a bunch of money there.

6 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

I would have loved to have Gotten Norby for Anderson 

It’s likelier it would have been Stowers + Norby for Detmers, not Anderson.

Think I would’ve done that. Solve 2B and LF immediately…then trade Ward and Rengifo for pitching to replace Detmers.

Starting to think Pillar and Garcia will be it.

Edited by totdprods

Roger’s has been very good as of late meanwhile Detmers can’t get out of AAA … the two are not the same at the moment. Would a team take a chance on Detmers .. sure obviously but not at the cost of someone like Norby. 

7 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:
The answer will always be pitching, and Arte has often failed to grasp this. If he finally accepts that pitching is key, and if we keep Ward and Rengifo while selling high on Anderson, we could definitely be headed in the right direction.

Offensively, the emergence of the young core I mentioned earlier provides a solid group to build around. Playoff teams typically build around three main offensive players, and I believe Schanuel, Neto, and O'Hoppe can be those guys for us.

Our focus needs to be on pitching and developing prospect depth. While I would really like to see TA get moved, and even Ward if the deal is right, I still think Rengifo is young enough to fit our window, and I'm willing to keep him.

Agree that pitching is key. I think Neto has potential, if everything really clicks he could become a very solid bat. But I don’t think either him or Schanuel are offensive cornerstones to build around. They are very nice players, the kind the Angels need more of, but not the centerpieces of a great offense. O’Hoppe could be more so, but also as a catcher has to be handled pretty carefully so that he doesn’t break down from wear and tear. I think those 3 guys are a big part of the future, but I’m not ready to call them the heart of a dominant offense yet.