• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/21/24 5:10 Pacific): Angels @ Astros: Canning on the mound

It is pretty funny that the group of young position players Eppler brought in appear to be the most clueless knuckleheads around the league. Wash must be going crazy with Gifo, Adell, Paris, and Adams.

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I don’t think it’s entirely impossible that Calhoun settles into a decent bench bat dude who can put up an .800 OPS if not overexposed to regular playing time. He even has a couple years of control left, I believe.

Pillar? Times a tickin’, so I’d just enjoy it while he’s hitting. Ideally once he starts to cool off either Moniak has started hitting or guys like Sano, Drury or even Trout have returned and pushed him back to a 4th/5th OF guy.

As for trading Ward or Rengifo…I think it’s same deal as Sandoval or Canning (and I guess even Detmers) where you have to at least be open to dealing an arm and a bat, but don’t have to. Too early to say. Let’s see how things look once July starts, where the team is, how the team is, how the minors are, who they draft, if Trout and Rendon are back…I won’t hold out hope they compete this year but next year is still on the table, especially if they play well. A strong end to the year could entice FAs too.

Yeah I mean or we could just platoon Moniak against righties now and send Pillar to the pine. But I guess if we did that, we might find out if Moniak is actually any good, or he might develop a bit. Two things which are clearly nowhere near as valuable as sneaking out an extra win or two.

11 minutes ago, samwum said:

Yeah I mean or we could just platoon Moniak against righties now and send Pillar to the pine. But I guess if we did that, we might find out if Moniak is actually any good, or he might develop a bit. Two things which are clearly nowhere near as valuable as sneaking out an extra win or two.

I imagine that’ll happen once Pillar starts coming back to earth.

22 minutes ago, Chuck said:

He's settled down after a rough first, but let's see if he can give us a couple more solid innings with the 4-2 lead. 

Yeah, night and day between the first inning and then 2-5.  Probably done for the night now.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chuck said:

Who else remembers this?

As I recall they went on a massive losing swing right after that accident.   It really sunk their season.

Edited by Slegnaac