• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/21/24 5:10 Pacific): Angels @ Astros: Canning on the mound

23 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Also just curious does anyone know if Schanuels HR yesterday would have been a HR in every ballpark despite the low exit velocity??

19 of 30 parks or every damn time in Houston. 

23 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Also just curious does anyone know if Schanuels HR yesterday would have been a HR in every ballpark despite the low exit velocity??

It would have been a HR in 18 of the 30 stadiums.  All four of his other HR this year would have been HR in at least 25 of the 30 stadiums.

1 hour ago, samwum said:

Well. We probably shouldn't expect Calhoun and Pillar to continue performing like this. But its nice to see the lineup doing well for sure.

I don’t think it’s entirely impossible that Calhoun settles into a decent bench bat dude who can put up an .800 OPS if not overexposed to regular playing time. He even has a couple years of control left, I believe.

Pillar? Times a tickin’, so I’d just enjoy it while he’s hitting. Ideally once he starts to cool off either Moniak has started hitting or guys like Sano, Drury or even Trout have returned and pushed him back to a 4th/5th OF guy.

As for trading Ward or Rengifo…I think it’s same deal as Sandoval or Canning (and I guess even Detmers) where you have to at least be open to dealing an arm and a bat, but don’t have to. Too early to say. Let’s see how things look once July starts, where the team is, how the team is, how the minors are, who they draft, if Trout and Rendon are back…I won’t hold out hope they compete this year but next year is still on the table, especially if they play well. A strong end to the year could entice FAs too.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, samwum said:

Team chemistry is not more important than building a roster that gives the Halos the best chance of winning a World Series at some point. Rengifo and Ward will each make $8-10mm in arbitration next year and are approaching free agency a lot more quickly than you might think. The front office needs to take a holistic view of how to put together the best roster possible considering their budget and we can't just keep guys because we like them.

Trade them if we can get something valuable 

Edited by stormngt

1 hour ago, samwum said:

I'd much rather see Paris out there personally. Like Adell was, Paris is super raw and he will need to fail in a ton of big league ABs before he figures it out. Let's start that clock now while the team is bad.

I guess the difference to me is that Adell was a good minor league player. Paris’ minor league numbers aren’t that impressive. Not bad but not as good as Adell’s.

8 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I guess the difference to me is that Adell was a good minor league player. Paris’ minor league numbers aren’t that impressive. Not bad but not as good as Adell’s.

Paris was an above average hitter in the minors despite being far younger than the rest of his competition. If it helps you to conceptualize things, think about Luis Rengifo. He didn't hit above .250 until he was 600 ABs into his career. We're not exactly winning the World Series this year, so you may as well try starting the clock on those 600 ABs it took Rengifo.

5 minutes ago, samwum said:

Paris was an above average hitter in the minors despite being far younger than the rest of his competition. If it helps you to conceptualize things, think about Luis Rengifo. He didn't hit above .250 until he was 600 ABs into his career. We're not exactly winning the World Series this year, so you may as well try starting the clock on those 600 ABs it took Rengifo.

Could be. I just think Paris and Adams are really good athletes but haven’t shown enough baseball skills set to convince me. On the other hand, I didn’t think Adell was going to get there either. 
🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Could be. I just think Paris and Adams are really good athletes but haven’t shown enough baseball skills set to convince me. On the other hand, I didn’t think Adell was going to get there either. 
🤷‍♂️

Sure. I'm not saying Paris is a superstar. But Guillorme is nothing and won't be here next year. So why the hell not?