• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/21/24 5:10 Pacific): Angels @ Astros: Canning on the mound

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread (5/21/24 5:10 Pacific): Angels @ Astros: Canning on the mound
37 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

If 4 young players Adell, Neto, O'Hoppe and Schanuel continue to play well up to deadline, do halos rethink trading Ward and Rengifo?

Why? 

If the team is rolling along come the trade deadline (The past couple games have been nice, but I'm not holding my breath), why would you want to mess with that?

Team chemistry is a real thing, and Ward and Rengifo are no doubt a part of that. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Only two batters in the lineup have an OPS under .724.

AL Team OPS up to 5th at .709

Still have the 3rd worst AL record, but have improved to 11th in AL run differential (-28).

Well. We probably shouldn't expect Calhoun and Pillar to continue performing like this. But its nice to see the lineup doing well for sure.

39 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Why? 

If the team is rolling along come the trade deadline (The past couple games have been nice, but I'm not holding my breath), why would you want to mess with that?

Team chemistry is a real thing, and Ward and Rengifo are no doubt a part of that. 

I'm saying team could be out of race but with 4 young players improving maybe keep Ward and Rengifo for 2025. 

47 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Why? 

Team chemistry is not more important than building a roster that gives the Halos the best chance of winning a World Series at some point. Rengifo and Ward will each make $8-10mm in arbitration next year and are approaching free agency a lot more quickly than you might think. The front office needs to take a holistic view of how to put together the best roster possible considering their budget and we can't just keep guys because we like them.

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

That is our best lineup right now. Guillorme isn’t great but Paris looks a little over matched to me. 

I'd much rather see Paris out there personally. Like Adell was, Paris is super raw and he will need to fail in a ton of big league ABs before he figures it out. Let's start that clock now while the team is bad.

1 minute ago, samwum said:

I'd much rather see Paris out there personally. Like Adell was, Paris is super raw and he will need to fail in a ton of big league ABs before he figures it out. Let's start that clock now while the team is bad.

That clock was started last year when they brought Paris up for 15 games. 

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That clock was started last year when they brought Paris up for 15 games. 

No idea what you're referring to. Feel like my comment was very clear about preferring to give Paris consistent playing time to work through his raw-ness.

7 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Part of me wants us to lose 10 in a row for the tank and draft pick. The other part of me wants to sweep these p*ssy ass Stros! Go Get Em Halos!

The Angels are already the 4th worst record in baseball. I don't think winning the series against the Astros is pushing them up the rankings much.