• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels’ Anthony Rendon says he’s healing ‘slowly’

HOUSTON — Just over a month after he tore his hamstring, Angels third baseman Anthony Rendon is still slowly rehabbing with no timeframe for a return.

“Just trying to play it by ear and push it as much as possible and hope for the best,” Rendon said on Monday. “Come back as soon as possible.”

Rendon said he just began walking on an incline on a treadmill.

“It’s coming along slowly,” he said. “We’ve been doing rehab. That’s the extent of it. Not much unfortunately. Just trying to keep the hamstring elongated so it doesn’t (tear again) down the road.”

Rendon had been with the team for home games since the April 19 injury, but this week he’s joined the team for a road series. Rendon, who lives in Houston, so he took he opportunity to see his family and spent some more time with the team.

Manager Ron Washington said Rendon and three-time American League MVP Mike Trout, who are both on the injured list, still provide value to the team simply by being in the dugout.

“When we were in Anaheim, they were in the dugout and had a quite a few young kids around them talking baseball, which is what I need them to do,” Washington said. “It’s good to have him here.”

Trout, who had surgery to repair a torn meniscus, has still not begun any baseball activity. He is just over two weeks removed from surgery. There is also no timetable for his return.

RENGIFO’S RETURN

Infielder Luis Rengifo – so far the only Angels player to be activated from the injured list this season – went 2 for 13 with two walks in his first weekend after being out because of a virus. Both hits were extra-base hits, including an RBI triple that gave the Angels a three-run lead on Sunday.

“I think he’s in a good place with his swing,” Washington said. “Even though he missed those days, he was behind the scenes still working hard. And he didn’t have to go on a rehab. We trusted him and he’s rewarding us for our trust in him. He’s a good little player. He still has to grow just like the rest of us, but we’re very pleased with what he’s given us since he’s come back.”

Rengifo is hitting .308 with an .815 OPS this season, including .500 with a 1.224 OPS against lefties.

NOTES

Infielder Brandon Drury (hamstring) began hitting in the cage on Monday. …

Infielder Miguel Sanó (knee inflammation) has continued doing baseball activities in Arizona, but he hasn’t yet played in any Arizona Complex League games. Washington said “he’s getting very close.” …

Infielder Michael Stefanic (strained quadriceps) and right-hander Guillo Zuñiga (strained pectoral) are both scheduled to shift their rehab assignments to Triple-A Salt Lake on Tuesday. They had been playing in Arizona. …

Right-hander Sam Bachman (shoulder surgery) is scheduled to throw live batting practice on Tuesday. The Angels are planning to build Bachman up as a starter, so he will need several weeks of rehab outings to get his pitch count up to the point that he could be considered for a spot in the majors. …

Right-hander Chase Silseth (elbow inflammation) was scheduled to throw off a mound on Monday. It would be his third bullpen session since he was injured. He has not faced hitters yet. Like Bachman, Silseth will need several rehab outings to be built up for a starter workload. …

A day after Washington gave Willie Calhoun an opportunity to play first base, he said Calhoun proved that he can be the Angels’ backup at that spot. “At least I know we have someone if we have to remove (Nolan) Schanuel from the field that can go out there and we can feel good that he’s out there,” Washington said.

UP NEXT

Angels (RHP Griffin Canning, 2-4, 5.21 ERA) at Astros (RHP Cristian Javier, 3-1, 3.23), Tuesday, 5:10 p.m. PT, Bally Sports West, 830 AM

View the full article

47 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

If it does take that long, my guess is that they might just tell Rendon "see you in the spring." 

That’s kind of why it’d be weird for them to come back then, cause usually that’s around the time they are ruled out for the rest of the season.

But I’m not sure either injury is the season-ending type, so they may be back late in the season.

I will be happier to see Rendon and his contract off the books than I was when Albert's contract was off the books.  Except for the 1 mil per year for 10 years in personal services, which means he shows to ST for a week and does nothing. 

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

How about mentally.  Somehow, this guy was worse than Hamilton 

Not only that, with Pillar now out there showcasing his outstanding attitude like he actually wants to be here, combined with getting it done with the bat, he's the veteran presence Rendone never was. Even if this Pillar is for just a short period of time, I would never put Rendon in the lineup over him.

Rengifo's holding his own at 3rd as well.

Basically, #tonytooblessed has injured his way out of a place on this team, and his shitty attitude certainly hasn't helped earn him any brownie points.

11 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Not only that, with Pillar now out there showcasing his outstanding attitude like he actually wants to be here, combined with getting it done with the bat, he's the veteran presence Rendone never was. Even if this Pillar is for just a short period of time, I would never put Rendon in the lineup over him.

Rengifo's holding his own at 3rd as well.

Basically, #tonytooblessed has injured his way out of a place on this team, and his shitty attitude certainly hasn't helped earn him any brownie points.

Try telling that to Strad. 

20 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

If it does take that long, my guess is that they might just tell Rendon "see you in the spring." 

I'm all for telling him that right now. I like Rengifo at third base and want him to grab the job and keep it.

~ArkyAngelsFan~